8/4 - Rays at White Sox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
Sale's job is to back up home.

It's like he gave up on this game when he figured out the Sox offense couldn't score 3 against Archer.

Officially a throwing error on Eaton.

DJ says even with a day game he would force them to do a morning workout focused on cutoffs/relays.

In no way should that be a throwing error on Eaton, went right through Flowers lol. Eaton was just throwing it in.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:44 PM)
It wasn't as if we were all on board for selling, or buying; with as many active members as post here you'd understand opinions differ. But not doing anything.......was pathetic and to me reeked of indecisiveness. Yeah I know, we'll never know the packages offered for Shark; but not selling him is looking to be a terrible move NOW, not even a week past the deadline. How is it going to looks months/years from now?

No one will remember what we might have gotten for a player, we'll just continue to note how many roster holes we have. Just like we say how many roster holes we have but also people insist we didn't give up anything important in the 4 players we gave up. If people don't put 2 and 2 together with "we gave up 4 players and now we have no depth" when we actually have the names of the players, they'll even think less about the hypothetical players we could have gotten. We'll probably even have someone brag about the great return we got in the form of the drafted player 3 years away from their big league debut.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 07:44 PM)
It wasn't as if we were all on board for selling, or buying; with as many active members as post here you'd understand opinions differ. But not doing anything.......was pathetic and to me reeked of indecisiveness. Yeah I know, we'll never know the packages offered for Shark; but not selling him is looking to be a terrible move NOW, not even a week past the deadline. How is it going to looks months/years from now?

SoxTalk might not exist in 5-6 years now the rate this franchise is going (and we know what if anything comes of that pick)...might even have a new team name.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Aug 5, 2015 -> 02:47 AM)
I'm so happy Hahn didn't do something stupid and trade for Cespedes or Upton at the deadline.

Just be happy they didn't have a few other guys who they would have traded if they were sellers. At least with Samardzija they get a comp pick

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
I would take Dombrowski in a hearbeat over either one.

More stellar Sox defense...Sale wasn't backing up or in the right position, should have been backing up Flowers.

Problem is if you brought Dombrowski in with kenny still there, how much is Kenny going to have a say in things. Kenny needs to go to blue jays and let hahn or someone else actually take control

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
It makes you wonder how he'd fare during a playoff race.

Good thing it takes a competent general manager and team to figure that one out. Maybe when he's playing for the Dodgers we'll see.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
Problem is if you brought Dombrowski in with kenny still there, how much is Kenny going to have a say in things. Kenny needs to go to blue jays and let hahn or someone else actually take control

I would get rid of both and let DD start from scratch.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)

Dave is going to take spot KW wanted in Toronto wait and see. We will be stuck with KW.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
It makes you wonder how he'd fare during a playoff race.

I think the issue is sale has so much talent but still has some issues between the ears. There's a lot of times when he's pitching and something bad happens in the game against the sox and tries to do to much after that instead of just going at a steady pace.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 4, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
Drastic first half/second half splits

My "wasted time when I should have been working" stat of the week.

Since Cooper became the White Sox pitching coach, the White Sox's team ERA has been worse in the 2nd half than in the 1st half 9 of 12 times.

2 of those remaining years their team ERA got better by less than 0.1 run.

Only 1 season out of 12 did the White Sox's team ERA get noticeably better in the 2nd half.

I only did a mental average but usually our team ERA goes up by ~0.3-0.4 runs in the 2nd half.