2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:52 AM)
Ugh hoiberg

But I just can't get behind wanting to "blow it up" when these players and this team as currently constructed can and should get to the conference finals at least.

Do they get to hang a banner for losing to Lebron in the playoffs?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 08:53 AM)
JVG said it, at Noahs suggestion.

The best was JVG trolling GarPax by saying they should consider bringing in Thibs for another 2 mil per year to be the "offensive coordinator" of the Bulls because they were so much more efficient under him.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 09:06 AM)
The best was JVG trolling GarPax by saying they should consider bringing in Thibs for another 2 mil per year to be the "offensive coordinator" of the Bulls because they were so much more efficient under him.

f*** JVG :lol:

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 07:53 AM)
Do they get to hang a banner for losing to Lebron in the playoffs?

No but it's the same as when Jordan was in the league, if you can't have Jordan at least you can assemble a lineup to play him in the conference finals.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 09:19 AM)
f*** JVG :lol:

I love JVG, but the constant Thibs backing/GarPax complaining has got to stop at some point, right? I mean it's getting really old. We get it, he was your buddy. "They were a Lebron fade away three in the corner from being up 3-1 in the conference finals. And you have to change course?" Yes, yes you do JVG.

I'm not going to lie...I miss my boy Thibbs. Loved that f***ing guy. I have no issues with Hoiberg (to soon to judge) but I loved Thibbs. I think the Bulls need to move Rose and find a way to get an elite point guard that can run the up-tempo style we want to run. No idea who we could get, but it would be nice. Probably need to see what sort of assets you can get for Pau and as sad as it is for me to say, Noah too. I think Taj / Portis / Niko have to stay as they all fit an up-tempo style. I'd deal Niko if someone was still in love with him (maybe for a point guard).

Can we just cut Rose? I'm just tired of watching him. He just looks like he doesn't care way too much. I know its probably pure perception but god I can't stand him. I hope he becomes awesome again cause than I'll instantly change my opinion and enjoy watching him. Sad how fun he was to watch. I can't think of a player ever in the history of the game who you could like so much and than eventually not stand so much.

When are the Bulls going to hit free throws more consistently. They do that in a few of their losses and we are talking about the 1 seed in the East. I also can't figure out how we suck so much at rebounding. I do know that I want nothing to do with a 76ers like rebuild.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 12:05 PM)
I'm not going to lie...I miss my boy Thibbs. Loved that f***ing guy. I have no issues with Hoiberg (to soon to judge) but I loved Thibbs. I think the Bulls need to move Rose and find a way to get an elite point guard that can run the up-tempo style we want to run. No idea who we could get, but it would be nice. Probably need to see what sort of assets you can get for Pau and as sad as it is for me to say, Noah too. I think Taj / Portis / Niko have to stay as they all fit an up-tempo style. I'd deal Niko if someone was still in love with him (maybe for a point guard).

Can we just cut Rose? I'm just tired of watching him. He just looks like he doesn't care way too much. I know its probably pure perception but god I can't stand him. I hope he becomes awesome again cause than I'll instantly change my opinion and enjoy watching him. Sad how fun he was to watch. I can't think of a player ever in the history of the game who you could like so much and than eventually not stand so much.

I lot of it for me is his inability to finish. He gets close to the rim, but he's not trying to dunk on people like he used to. He's going through the motions and you can tell on just about every play.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 11:20 AM)
I lot of it for me is his inability to finish. He gets close to the rim, but he's not trying to dunk on people like he used to. He's going through the motions and you can tell on just about every play.

And I think it is totally mental at this point. Its the only reason I still have hope that at some point he just gets that swagger back and realizes he needs to play that way. He plays afraid now.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 01:28 PM)
And I think it is totally mental at this point. Its the only reason I still have hope that at some point he just gets that swagger back and realizes he needs to play that way. He plays afraid now.

This is a good point as was the previous post about when he used to dunk. He was sort of blaming the dunks as part of the reason for his knee troubles in an interview a year or so ago. I think it is in his mind and taken a toll. His first preseason game back he looked explosive. He can't shoot be he didn't need to. Now he is back to fairly unaggressive play and when he gets aggressive, he gets tentative at the rim. Dunk it. If you knee goes it goes. Someone needs to tell him he isn't getting paid to play like he currently is when this contract expires.

The one good thing out of all of this, with his injuries, his stupid comments, and his play, when the Bulls make no attempt to re-sign him, there will be no public fallout. Everyone now realizes,(me probably being last) his time is done. What a disappointment. His rise to MVP was mindblowing, but it all went to his head, and his body fell apart. Now it's just sad to watch him.

Yeah, I have some hope that his vision really is messing things up considering he wasn't this bad in playoffs last year, but his complete inability to finish in a crowded space is just heartbreaking. Rose is done. Noah's done. We went from a young, explosive athletic team, to a slow plodding group. Not fun to watch.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 11, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
Yeah, I have some hope that his vision really is messing things up considering he wasn't this bad in playoffs last year, but his complete inability to finish in a crowded space is just heartbreaking. Rose is done. Noah's done. We went from a young, explosive athletic team, to a slow plodding group. Not fun to watch.

Yeah - Their is zero reason for him to be worse this season than last season. His passing has taken a step forward, which you would have expected. I didn't expect his shooting to regress from what was already poor though. In his defense, defensively, he's been pretty good the last few nights. Mentally he doesn't have that offensive edge, but the Bulls offense looks pretty s***ty most times anyway of late (no one looks like they know what they want to do). And if we are going to be run and gun, Gasol certainly isn't a fit. I honestly don't think we are a team that should be playing with crazy pace. It doesn't suit a lot of our lineup.