2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 05:36 AM)
And tthe warriors still aren't as socially significant as the Jordan/Pippen/Rodman Bulls. That was as Rock Star as an NBA team has ever been. And Hakeem individually wasn't nearly Magic or Bird at the box office.

Again, I said nothing about social, cultural or economic impact. I'm talking pure basketball. On the court. 48 minutes. 94 feet. The way the Warriors constantly move, cut, pass and ultimately shoot, there's never been anyone like them. they put up a stat last night stating that the Warriors have 20 games this year with at least 30 assists as a team. there's still half the season to go. The next two highest, the spurs and hawks, have a combined 17.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
Again, I said nothing about social, cultural or economic impact. I'm talking pure basketball. On the court. 48 minutes. 94 feet. The way the Warriors constantly move, cut, pass and ultimately shoot, there's never been anyone like them. they put up a stat last night stating that the Warriors have 20 games this year with at least 30 assists as a team. there's still half the season to go. The next two highest, the spurs and hawks, have a combined 17.

They are making LeBron an afterthought and as a fair weather basketball fan, I am cool with that.

The Spurs are the most underrated franchise in sports.

With the Warriors/Spurs/Hawks right now (hawks the lesser), I really have to just exit the conversatoin when someone claims they like college basketball because they the NBA is "just a bunch of one-on-one".

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 06:51 AM)

I have actually heard some NBA commentators say the Warriors are the worst thing to ever happen to basketball. Of course a lot of that was driven by a jealous Mark Jackson. I do agree if the whole league played like the Warriors it would actually be really bad for the game / brand. I wouldn't quite call it an all star game, but it would be close to that equivalent and the NBA all star game is absolutely horrific (outside of getting to view some stars joking with each other and some crazy plays). Warriors are fun because they are unique in there style and amazing at what they do.

If the league moves to be more like them, I think it will be bad. Than again, Spurs don't play like them and they are fine. Reality is each team needs to play according to there talents and there are many ways you can win a title, most importantly, under almost any scenario, you have to have a superstar.

Like an all star game? Except they play good defense.

Anyone that thinks the Warriors are bad for the game are still sour about the 3 point line and jumpshots.

So, for the longest time, the problem with NBA was it was a selfish league and players were only out for their stats, now the most unselfish team in the league is dominating and they are bad for the league because ...no idea. Can't comprehend. They are incredibly exciting and wide open and the brand of basketball anyone would say they love to watch.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:19 AM)
Like an all star game? Except they play good defense.

Anyone that thinks the Warriors are bad for the game are still sour about the 3 point line and jumpshots.

So, for the longest time, the problem with NBA was it was a selfish league and players were only out for their stats, now the most unselfish team in the league is dominating and they are bad for the league because ...no idea. Can't comprehend. They are incredibly exciting and wide open and the brand of basketball anyone would say they love to watch.

I said if the whole league went the way of the Warriors. I think what the Warriors do is awesome and entertaining and I agree they do play defense. I enjoy watching the Warriors but if the whole league turned into a run and jump shooting league, it would be incredibly boring, imo. Either way, its nonsense, you can't mimic what their brand very easy (Steph is a unique talent).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)
I have actually heard some NBA commentators say the Warriors are the worst thing to ever happen to basketball. Of course a lot of that was driven by a jealous Mark Jackson. I do agree if the whole league played like the Warriors it would actually be really bad for the game / brand. I wouldn't quite call it an all star game, but it would be close to that equivalent and the NBA all star game is absolutely horrific (outside of getting to view some stars joking with each other and some crazy plays). Warriors are fun because they are unique in there style and amazing at what they do.

If the league moves to be more like them, I think it will be bad. Than again, Spurs don't play like them and they are fine. Reality is each team needs to play according to there talents and there are many ways you can win a title, most importantly, under almost any scenario, you have to have a superstar.

Ugh. What the Warriors do is so pretty. It was hard to be mad last night watching them carve up the Bulls, because it was such a work of art. If the NBA could all look like GS and SA, I'd watch it a lot more. The ISO teams just bore the s*** out of me, as does the matador defense, and the no real rules are enforced (such as walking) drives me crazy.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)

You mentioned box office

From a box office/entertainment perspective, I don't think we've seen anything like the Warriors

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 11:59 AM)
You mentioned box office

From a box office/entertainment perspective, I don't think we've seen anything like the Warriors

You just like to argue. I don't know what's so hard to understand. Stylistically, they're more fun to watch than the 90's Bulls teams. That's just my opinion. Do I think they're better? No. Just more fun to watch as a whole.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 08:48 AM)
Showtime?

They're right there. Run TMC is right there as well. And it's college, but I think the fab five were all-time level box office as well.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
They are making LeBron an afterthought and as a fair weather basketball fan, I am cool with that.

The Spurs are the most underrated franchise in sports.

I said yesterday that 2013 might be the last title LeBron sees if he stays with Cleveland.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 09:57 AM)
With the Warriors/Spurs/Hawks right now (hawks the lesser), I really have to just exit the conversatoin when someone claims they like college basketball because they the NBA is "just a bunch of one-on-one".

Well it was true for a while. 1996-2004 was some of the worst/ugliest/inefficient basketball I've ever seen. The star power was always there. But the team game. Oh my god. It was gross. I applaud the league for cleaning all that s*** up. I think coaching and schemes are much better. Analytics have played a role. The international players have played a role. I'm sorry. If people still think it's still an iso game, they just don't like the nba. simple as that.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 10:16 AM)

I don't pay any attention to guys who played in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Every retired player in history of any sports is going to look at their time as the golden era and s*** on what's going on today. old crusty farts. that's all they are to me.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 12:48 PM)
You just like to argue. I don't know what's so hard to understand. Stylistically, they're more fun to watch than the 90's Bulls teams. That's just my opinion. Do I think they're better? No. Just more fun to watch as a whole.

You are the one arguing. You're using box office and not remembering what the Bulls were to the NBA at the, wait for it............box office.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 01:55 PM)
Last 10 games Rose is PER is just under 18 and last 5 games it is over 20.

I am not a Rose hater, I just live with acceptance at who he is, but I am very frustrated that for 1.5 years now he continues to say he needs to get his conditioning up. You had an offseason dude.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
Already calls for Thibodeau.

Whatever. Good luck with that 2nd grade offense.

If the Cavs did pursue him, would they have to offer a contract that would at the very least offset what he is being paid by the Bulls? Or could they offer peanuts and the Bulls still are on the hook?

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:05 PM)
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojVerticalNBA 5m5 minutes ago

Assistant Ty Lue has agreed to a multi-year deal as new Cavaliers head coach, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Ha what a scummy move by them, negotiating behind the HC's back. Anyone thing they're better off with Lue than Blatt? If you do this I think you have to hire someone like Thibs, or at least do it at the end of the year.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)
Ha what a scummy move by them, negotiating behind the HC's back. Anyone thing they're better off with Lue than Blatt? If you do this I think you have to hire someone like Thibs, or at least do it at the end of the year.

Lue has been rumored to take over since last years Blatt rumors. He is Lebrons boy

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:08 PM)

Which is crazy to me because they have locked themselves into Lue. Really stupid move. They're not a championship team either way with the way the Western Conference juggernauts are playing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 22, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
After the way LeBron bullied Blatt, does anyone really see a strong coach like Thibs working out in CLE? I sure don't.

It's telling that the Thibodeau rumors have been sparse since his firing in Chicago.