2015-2016 NBA Thread

I don't want to hear any more of the "Jimmy Butler can't be the best player on a championship team" garbage. He's the second best two-way player in the league, and that's saying a lot considering he happens to be playing at the same time as Kawhi. By the way, the difference between them isn't that large.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 11:03 AM)
I always look at best player in the following ways...

- who do I take as the 1st pick in a one game playoff with my life on the line (LeBron)

- who do I take as the 1st pick if I'm starting a franchise today (Kevin Durant)

Curry is cute. He bombs threes. He also has an amazing supporting cast and still got taken to 6 games by the King without Love or Irving. GTFO with the flavor of the week and give me some real basketball analysis.

31.6 per, 67.5% ts%, 22.0 +/-. dude won the mvp last year and could legitimately be up for most improved player award this year. this is historically epic stuff we've seen from him this far. flavor or the week my ass.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Maybe Jimmy would get the ball more if he tried to play within the offense. Jimmy Butler and Pau Gasol are basically the same player. Pretty good passers that only like to play getting Isos and transition plays. I'll still take Westbrook over Jimmy. He's great, he's smart, I love him as a Bull. But Westbrook can make any play anywhere on the court. Jimmy can make sure he gets a smaller guard and post them up, and do that a lot in a game. It's very effective, but if he were forced to up his usage rate, I don't think the Bulls would be a better team.

I dunno man, Jimmy moves without the ball. The backdoor layups/alleyoops he gets aren't from being an ISO player. I think Westbrook is overrated. And I'd bet his body is going to breakdown sooner rather than later.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 11:03 AM)
I always look at best player in the following ways...

- who do I take as the 1st pick in a one game playoff with my life on the line (LeBron)

- who do I take as the 1st pick if I'm starting a franchise today (Kevin Durant)

Curry is cute. He bombs threes. He also has an amazing supporting cast and still got taken to 6 games by the King without Love or Irving. GTFO with the flavor of the week and give me some real basketball analysis.

Anyone that doesn't take steph curry with their first pick is a horrible GM. Are you Vlade Divac?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
I dunno man, Jimmy moves without the ball. The backdoor layups/alleyoops he gets aren't from being an ISO player. I think Westbrook is overrated. And I'd bet his body is going to breakdown sooner rather than later.

The amount that Kevin Durant is overrated on this board equals the amount that they underrate Westbrook.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 11:13 AM)
My list:

1. LeBron

2. Durant

3. Curry

4. Leonard

5. Davis

6. George

7. Westbrook

8. Davis

11. Butler

12. Harden

13. Paul

14. Cousins

15. Griffin

Anthony Davis doesn't belong on this list until he starts winning games. Talk about overrated...

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 09:04 AM)
Noah, Gasol, Snell, and a pick for Cousins? I don't know if we have the assets to get him. FWIW they do have Belinelli/Gay and other trade chips.

Anyway, let me have my fantasy:

Rose (34)/Brooks (8)/Moore (5)/Hinrich (1)

Butler (36)/Hinrich (8)/Moore (4)

McDermott (28)/Mirotic (18)/Butler (2)

Gibson (30)/Mirotic (10)/Portis (8)

Cousins (36)/Portis (12)

Butler (38)

Cousins (36)

Rose (34)

Gibson (30)

Mirotic (28)

McDermott (28)

Portis (20)

Hinrich (9)

Moore (9)

Brooks (8)

Not sure why Kings do that (or if it works) unless they just want to dump Cousin and get cap space. I'd presume Niko, Snell, Taj, their pick back would be a starting point (presume they'd want Doug).

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 11:11 AM)
Anyone that doesn't take steph curry with their first pick is a horrible GM. Are you Vlade Divac?

Especially in the 2016 nba. With the way the games are called now, the way teams are going smaller and smaller, the emphasis on spacing/speed/quickness/etc, the warriors are tailor-made for today's nba. if you don't get them this year, you might not get them until 2020.

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 03:53 PM)
If you google "Pau Gasol passing" you'll find pretty quickly that he is a very good passer and a highly regarded one.

Yeah all of those were from vintage Gasol. He's just a turnover machine now.

EDIT: I'm just salty about Gasol. I've seen his sloppy play at time just cost the team.

Edited by pettie4sox

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
Yeah all of those were from vintage Gasol. He's just a turnover machine now.

So the dozen of Pau to Jimmy alley-oops are just an example of his turnover machine-ness

QUOTE (Boogua @ Jan 15, 2016 -> 04:01 PM)
You might want to check some of those turnover numbers.

I looked at the stats and he averages 1.9 turnovers a game.

So I was off base with the turnover machine. For whatever reason late in games, (because the bulls always play f***ing catch up) he makes a terrible pass that cost the team. Surprisingly DRose leads the pack but I'm not really surprised with him.