2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 11:43 AM)
I love Jo. His loss sucks, but it also creates new opportunity for Taj & Portis. I hope they do well with that and I wish Jo the best in his speedy recovery. I don't know whether his time in Chicago is done or not, in fact, who knows, the injury might mean its more likely he is back in Chicago a year from now.

All I know is one thing...I don't know that I was ever so annoyed at a draft pick than when the Bulls took Jo and years later I look back and I think about how I love Jo. I respect how he went about his business on the court and how he was a constant pro (yes he had his issues when he was young, but he was never afraid to learn from his mistakes). Guy always left it all out on the court and off the court he's done a ton of good for the community, etc.

Love you Jo!!! After all, my son's middle name is Noah for a reason :)

As depressing as Rose was, Noah's career basically ending just as he hits 4th in MVP voting was more heartbreaking to me. THAT Noah would have made a huge difference last year.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)
How good is Pau playing right now. I realize he is expiring, but if the Bulls are going to look to retool, I'd have to think their'd be a contender out there who would give up something pretty solid for Pau.

Reports say he's available. That said, I'd be shocked if they made a move to punt the season.

I love Jo. His loss sucks, but it also creates new opportunity for Taj & Portis. I hope they do well with that and I wish Jo the best in his speedy recovery. I don't know whether his time in Chicago is done or not, in fact, who knows, the injury might mean its more likely he is back in Chicago a year from now.

All I know is one thing...I don't know that I was ever so annoyed at a draft pick than when the Bulls took Jo and years later I look back and I think about how I love Jo. I respect how he went about his business on the court and how he was a constant pro (yes he had his issues when he was young, but he was never afraid to learn from his mistakes). Guy always left it all out on the court and off the court he's done a ton of good for the community, etc.

I am totally 100% with you on this. He is everything you can ask of your stars. He is hard working. He is a leader. He gets his nose dirty on the floor, but not off of it. You don't get bad headlines and fights with his coach from him. He picks up his teammates, and challenges them to be better. He tries to get into the heads of his opponents.

The injuries are sapping his talent, but the guy is an organizational dream come true.

The Notebook was a pretty good movie!

Noah is a warrior and his energy and passion was what drew the crowd into the game often times. That, along with Rose's brilliance made the Bulls a must watch team for 3-4 years. Even though we never got past Lebron, I'll always remember those Lebron vs Noah matchups late in games where Noah stayed on Lebron like a pit bull and lets Lebron have it after. Sadly those days are gone, and perhaps end of a chapter in the Bulls history book.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 09:59 PM)
What the hell happened to Mirotic? Just awful

I remember when people roasted Fran fraschella when he said his potential is good hero turkoglu at best. People were offended and said he certainly be better.

Can't be the system though. Paxson hired the guy to make sure guys like mitotic and McDermott weren't held back.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
From a box office/entertainment perspective, I don't think we've seen anything like the Warriors. These guys are so f***ing fun to watch. Only team that comes close to me are the SSOL Suns.

For the love of God, there was no box office draw like Michael Jordan. He sold out every arena he played. Miami retired his freaking number.He makes more money selling shoes almost 20 years later a year than he made playing basketball.

But they are a lot of fun to watch. If they win the West, there really is no need to play the Finals. They should save the East champ the embarrassment,

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 11:26 PM)
For the love of God, there was no box office draw like Michael Jordan. He sold out every arena he played. Miami retired his freaking number.He makes more money selling shoes almost 20 years later a year than he made playing basketball.

But they are a lot of fun to watch. If they win the West, there really is no need to play the Finals. They should save the East champ the embarrassment,

The Spurs or Warriors win the title if they stay healthy this year. No one else has a chance.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 10:26 PM)

gmab. you know what i meant. i was talking teams. of course if we're going individuals it would be michael. followed by kobe and hakeem. that's just out of guys i've seen play in real time.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 12:10 AM)
gmab. you know what i meant. i was talking teams. of course if we're going individuals it would be michael. followed by kobe and hakeem. that's just out of guys i've seen play in real time.

And tthe warriors still aren't as socially significant as the Jordan/Pippen/Rodman Bulls. That was as Rock Star as an NBA team has ever been. And Hakeem individually wasn't nearly Magic or Bird at the box office.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 21, 2016 -> 05:36 AM)
And tthe warriors still aren't as socially significant as the Jordan/Pippen/Rodman Bulls. That was as Rock Star as an NBA team has ever been. And Hakeem individually wasn't nearly Magic or Bird at the box office.

Hakeem wasn't as marketable or exciting as Shaq was.