2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
His shots are disgustingly flat. His drives tonight were incredible, though.

Completely agree. When he's going to the rim, it's like he's a different player. Teams just need to back off on him and let him take that jumper.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 10:15 PM)
Completely agree. When he's going to the rim, it's like he's a different player. Teams just need to back off on him and let him take that jumper.

Thats what they used to do when he was the entire offense, the thing now is he can now pass and move and drive again, which is what he should become.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 08:35 AM)
Thats what they used to do when he was the entire offense, the thing now is he can now pass and move and drive again, which is what he should become.

He should be fined 20k each time he takes a 3 that isn't within a few second of the shot clock expiring. No reason for him to take those shots other than hero ball.

Jenks, we get it, your entirety of bulls fandom is being pissed off that rose destroyed his knees and is not openly talking about how he's a terrible player.

He should not be fined every time he shoots a 3. He has halved his 3PA this year. He's trying.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 01:31 PM)
Jenks, we get it, your entirety of bulls fandom is being pissed off that rose destroyed his knees and is not openly talking about how he's a terrible player.

He should not be fined every time he shoots a 3. He has halved his 3PA this year. He's trying.

K.C. Johnson ‏@KCJHoop 16h16 hours ago

Rose joked about pressure he felt returning and not messing up chemistry during previous 4 wins.

Rose on Butler: "He’s balling right now. So keep going to him until he doesn’t want the ball anymore."

Rose on Butler: "I’m happy for him. To improve the way he is improving and being on my team, it’s good. I don’t really have to do too much."

What an asshole that Derrick Rose is.

Especially because defenders have no reason to defend him on the perimeter if he won't at least be a threat to shoot from out there. The deeper out he gets defended, the more chances at driving to the rim he gets as it spreads the D out.

I don't expect him to admit he's average to bad now, I just want his play to represent that. I want him to drive and dish, as he did last night, and that's it. When the series against Cleveland eventually comes, and every possession is important, Rose jacking up 3-5 long jump shots amounts to wasted possessions. And it's not even that he misses them, it's that they're usually unnecessary. I don't buy that he has to shoot to keep the defense honest. He keeps the defense honest because he can drive on anyone and he's got one of the best spot up shooters in the game playing the 5 that he can pass to.

I'm half serious about the fine. I just don't want him shooting those shots. Either drive it and get to the basket or drive it and kick it. If he's going to take a shot over a layup, get into the paint and shoot a floater.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 01:58 PM)
Especially because defenders have no reason to defend him on the perimeter if he won't at least be a threat to shoot from out there. The deeper out he gets defended, the more chances at driving to the rim he gets as it spreads the D out.

Milwaukee was playing off him last night and he still managed to look like vintage D-Rose driving to the hoop. Defenses can only play off him so much, otherwise you're giving him a head of steam to start his drive.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 5, 2016 -> 10:15 PM)

Well put. When Derrick Rose drives, he's Derrick Rose. He'll never be as good as he was, IMHO, but Butler is just so much better we need Derrick to be good if not great.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
He should be fined 20k each time he takes a 3 that isn't within a few second of the shot clock expiring. No reason for him to take those shots other than hero ball.

I totally agree with this.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
Also, I say this as a horrible basketball player who could not shoot worth a damn...

It is very hard to turn down open long shots.

You were the guy at the Rec center that everyone hated playing with, weren't you?

QUOTE (Knuckles @ Jan 6, 2016 -> 08:22 PM)
Bulls quietly putting a nice streak and offense as potent as we have seen it, Fred Hoiberg finally payin off?

Yes, I fall for it every time, and everytime I remember that there is no sport where repetition with the same group matters more than basketball.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 10:02 PM)
speaking of...

KINGS LAKERS CATCH THE FEVER

hahaha

The Kings have three guys who are both awesome and incredibly flawed in Cousins, Gay, and Rondo. They always make for interesting theater.