2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 10:37 AM)
Interesting that the Cavs showed the winning formula that is key to beating the Warriors last night. While losing

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14437102...-state-warriors

That was the best defensive job i've seen all year on gs. If Kyrie is at full strength they win the game rather easily. well not easily, but they win the game. it's either the cavs or spurs. nobody else has a chance against the warriors.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
That was the best defensive job i've seen all year on gs. If Kyrie is at full strength they win the game rather easily. well not easily, but they win the game. it's either the cavs or spurs. nobody else has a chance against the warriors.

"If Kyrie is at full strength...."

Lmao

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 11:07 AM)
what is this? def comedy jam? kyrie's been back like three games. you gotta give him time to get back to where he was. if he gets hurt again then so be it.

What is this? Kings of comedy? Kyrie has never remained healthy in any one of his professional seasons. You gotta face facts

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 11:27 AM)
Kyrie and Derrick Rose are basically made from the same glass.

rose is a lost cause. kyrie had the top two scoring games in the nba last year. 57 and 55 points. just think about that. he needs to be healthy in may and june. i wouldn't bet on it. that's for sure. i just hope he is.

Mark Jackson still bitter.

Steph Curry’s great. Steph Curry’s the MVP. He’s a champion. Understand what I’m saying when I say this. He’s hurting the game. And what I mean by that is that I go into these high school gyms, I watch these kids, and the first thing they do is they run to the 3-point line. You are not Steph Curry. Work on the other aspects of the game. People think that he’s just a knock-down shooter.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2602411...amming-national

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 01:34 PM)
Mark Jackson still bitter.

It did sound a bit bitter, and kids were lining up at the 3 point line before Curry became MVP. He does have a point though. My nephew plays football and my brother in law told me the other night all the kids are trying to make OBJ one hand grabs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
It did sound a bit bitter, and kids were lining up at the 3 point line before Curry became MVP. He does have a point though. My nephew plays football and my brother in law told me the other night all the kids are trying to make OBJ one hand grabs.

it happens with every transcendent athlete though. Want to be like Mike, Steph, Lebron, etc. people always want to mimic greatness, very few can. It doesn't ruin the game

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 01:43 PM)
it happens with every transcendent athlete though. Want to be like Mike, Steph, Lebron, etc. people always want to mimic greatness, very few can. It doesn't ruin the game

Yeah ruining the game was a bit strong. He could have phrased it better, as it did make him sound bitter. But there is no doubt in youth basketball now, there are more balls being launched from long distance because of Curry. I hadn't seen him play much, but he gets to the rim as easy as any guard I have seen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
Yeah ruining the game was a bit strong. He could have phrased it better, as it did make him sound bitter. But there is no doubt in youth basketball now, there are more balls being launched from long distance because of Curry. I hadn't seen him play much, but he gets to the rim as easy as any guard I have seen.

Exactly, there are many videos out there of him breaking ankles and getting to the rim

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
Those were some awful possessions down the stretch

I caught the last 2 minutes of the 4th. Same story all year, poor execution down the stretch, too reliant on one on one ball in which Rose continues to struggle keeping possession of the ball. I'd like to see some plays ran out of timeouts. Jimmy bailed them out with that three, but the sequence before then was awful nonetheless.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 03:48 AM)
It's a f***ing shame what happened to Rose.

RIP

It used to be so much fun watching Rose play. But everytime I turn on the TV now he's either standing on the side watching the the play, throwing off ugly shots, or turning the ball over off sloppiest plays.

Edited by 2005thxfrthmmrs