2015-2016 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
To those who have the NBA system down, could the Bulls do some kinda deal with Noah and taj and something for boogie, plus flip Gasol to Memphis or some place for something small?

I doubt the Kings would accept that, but I could see us trading Pau for a pick or something.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
To those who have the NBA system down, could the Bulls do some kinda deal with Noah and taj and something for boogie, plus flip Gasol to Memphis or some place for something small?

Yeah, the key is to get all the numbers to work.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 23, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
Below 30 part is tough. Noah / Taj / Gasol are all average to above average players. Yes, they are older, but they provide value. I look at this another way, who on this roster do I think are assets and tradeable for an asset (how valuabe the asset, one can debate, but we'll include):

Roster:

Solid Value Or Better:

Butler

Gasol

Noah (presuming he bounces back from injury...he was playing very good and is an expiring which in an of itself is an asset)

Taj

Niko (value is lowering, but he's still young and a lot of teams would like to see if he can develop...especially as teams are looking more and more into those stretch 4's...and I think plenty of teams will look at his game and presume he can improve that 3)

Some Value (but still a solid chip):

McDermott (not sure where to put him, clearly he's taken major steps forward this year and looks like a productive player on a playoff team)

Snell (clearly a rotational guy)

Bobby Portis (far more upside in keeping the guy right now...looks like he has a ton of potential...whether he pans out or not, who knows, but a lot to like)

Non Assets (some of these guys could be moved, but you are getting zero back):

MDJ (purely due to injury)

Brooks

Moore

Hinrich

All other bums that I ignored

Hell if I know:

Drose (I'd have put him on non-assets except for the fact that Zach Lowe seemed to think he's still an asset).

Snell has no value. He sucks. Agree on the rest although Noah isn't bringing anything of value back since he is a free agent after this year and Gibson has consistently been overrated by people on this board.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)

The Bulls don't have the assets to get Cousins. Why on earth would the Kings want Noah and Taj?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 09:18 PM)
Lmao, butler is better than a finals MVP and reigning defensive MVP. Ok

You know, had he said that at the end of last season, I don't think he'd be getting the crap he's getting now.

Leonard has improved massively over last season offensively. Butler was actually a better player last year in terms of offensive efficiency. Say whatever you want about their defense, but Butler had a 3 win share lead over Leonard last year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2015 -> 06:43 PM)
Noah expiring and we also send pick. It's Sacramento.

Boston and Miami can both offer more than the Bulls can for Cousins. I'd love Cousins and would trade anyone on the roster for him but I think Boston has the inside track if he's really available.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 23, 2015 -> 12:44 PM)
The Bulls remind of the recent Sox teams of the past few years in the respect that they feel internally that they're good enough to compete, but realistically, they're a good 2 or 3 pieces away from being a real contender.

Don't 80% of the teams in professional sports feel like they could compete, but most of them don't end up making the playoffs? The Bulls are made the playoffs in 6 straight years like Jason said, and made the ECF in 2011. Sox never even came close to sniffing the pennant during that span. Don't see much of a parallel there.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 23, 2015 -> 06:43 PM)
Noah expiring and we also send pick. It's Sacramento.

IIRC, isn't that pick heavily protected? Like we might not even get that pick?

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 01:42 AM)
The Bulls have hit just 53.1 percent of their shots within the restricted area, on pace to be the lowest rate since the NBA began tracking precise shot location data in 2000, per NBA.com. (Derrick) Rose and (Joakim) Noah have been among the worst rim finishers in the league.

Welp haha that would explain a lot of the Bulls woes.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 01:42 AM)
The Bulls have hit just 53.1 percent of their shots within the restricted area, on pace to be the lowest rate since the NBA began tracking precise shot location data in 2000, per NBA.com. (Derrick) Rose and (Joakim) Noah have been among the worst rim finishers in the league.

Portis and McDermott seem to miss lots of wide open layups as well.