2015-2016 NBA Thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 12:55 AM)
I've talked quite a bit with my son about the Warriors' chance of breaking the Bulls 72 wins record. All it takes is an injury here an injury there and poof! There goes the chance. There's still the chance of course. But, as the season wears on that likelihood is bound to get slimmer and slimmer.

Well they're at 2 losses by the end of December. Other way to look at this?

They have to lose less than 2 games per month. For rest of the season.

The Eastern Conference is actually looking pretty good right now, the best it's been in years.

Orlando's actually had the best record in the East since they made the lineup change of moving Oladipo as a 6th man, think they've gone 14-5 from that point onwards.

I'd assume this season all of the East Teams who make the playoffs should be above .500 for a change....

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 01:41 PM)
The Eastern Conference is actually looking pretty good right now, the best it's been in years.

Orlando's actually had the best record in the East since they made the lineup change of moving Oladipo as a 6th man, think they've gone 14-5 from that point onwards.

I'd assume this season all of the East Teams who make the playoffs should be above .500 for a change....

It's deeper than it has been in years but there's still no real threat to Cleveland which makes it all meh.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 02:44 PM)
Shockingly, the East has been much better than the West.

As of like 2 days ago the conferences had a head to head record that was even at ~85-85. While thats a huge change from last year, it wasn't "the East Much Better".

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
Cody Westerlund ‏@CodyWesterlund 27m27 minutes ago

The NBA agrees with Frank Vogel -- Paul George was fouled on final play by Jimmy Butler last night, league says in L2M report.

WHERE?!

Candace Buckner ‏@CandaceDBuckner 32m32 minutes ago

NBA released L2M report and on final play deems: "Butler (CHI) makes contact with George's (IND) arm during his shot attempt."

So the NBA has deemed the no-call that determined end of the #Pacers-Bulls game as “INCORRECT NON-CALL"

According to NBA report, the final play involving Butler against George was the only “incorrect” call of the final two minutes of game.

The 72-10 Bulls were 39-3 at the end of January '96.

The Warriors are 31-2 as of right now and have won some really tight games recently that could've gone either way.

Looking at how impressive it is to win the way GSW has been racking up the Ws makes you appreciate the dominance of those Bulls.

I think the Warriors will get close but ultimately fall short of that Bulls record as the season drags on and some of those tight wins become losses...

Oh and Steve Kerr might as well take the year off :lol:

Edited by MexSoxFan#1