9/3 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
Definitely not a lot of soft contact against him this year

Just like last season when some wanted to claim Belisario "unlucky". They were hitting ropes off him at a greater rate because he was meat. Samardzija, except for that string of solid starts right before the All Star Break has been hot garbage.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:13 PM)
Not a chance in hell the Sox should risk him accepting a qualifying offer

Everyone in other threads other than "Game threads where Samardzija is pitching" keeps assuming they will. I'm about where you are, I can't believe that they'd expect him to do anything other than accept and I can't believe they want to pay him $16 million next year.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)
Serious Q: what does it take for the White Sox to not offer him a QO? Is he there already?

Not sure. To this point I've concluded that if he accepted a QO it wouldn't be that bad; we'd be getting a generally dependable veteran on a one year deal.

I'm wavering though.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 01:13 PM)
Serious Q: what does it take for the White Sox to not offer him a QO? Is he there already?

They will offer it to him. Some team will give him a longer term for $16 million a year, even if it is for 2 or 3 seasons. He might even be decent for a season if he goes to the correct team. I'm thinking Cardinals or Giants.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 07:16 PM)
They will offer it to him. Some team will give him a longer term for $16 million a year, even if it is for 2 or 3 seasons. He might even be decent for a season if he goes to the correct team. I'm thinking Cardinals or Giants.

Pretty sure he wants nothing to do with the west coast again

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 01:16 PM)

I just mentioned on the last page, I think the Giants would be ideal for him. They're losing Hudson, Vogelsong, Lincecum, and Cain is a shell of himself.

Bumgarner, Leake, Shark, Cain, and ? isn't that bad.

They play really good defense out there and the park is huge.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 06:18 PM)
I just mentioned on the last page, I think the Giants would be ideal for him. They're losing Hudson, Vogelsong, Lincecum, and Cain is a shell of himself.

Bumgarner, Leake, Shark, Cain, and ? isn't that bad.

They play really good defense out there and the park is huge.

Leake a Fa