9/3 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 08:21 PM)
No.

At least he tries to get a hit and not blast it right at players in a shift. On this team he's a starter definitely.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
Lol Shuck might be a 4th outfielder on a contending team but he should be starting on the Sox in Avi's place with Avi being 4th outfielder by committee.

Exactly. But I was thinking he should replace LaRoche. LaRoche has no business playing in the big leagues anymore on a regular basis. Pinch hitter vs. righties maybe.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
5th overall. 2nd up there.

They are 4-11.

This is what people don't realize. the Sox ineptitude has helped Minnesota be a surprise team in the division this year. Owning the White Sox has made a big difference in their season. Sox have a terrible attitude against their division foes.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:30 PM)
This is what people don't realize. the Sox ineptitude has helped Minnesota be a surprise team in the division this year. Owning the White Sox has made a big difference in their season. Sox have a terrible attitude against their division foes.

Also, see Indians, Cleveland - 2013

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
Is it ok yet to note that Eduardo Escobar was labeled on this site as "Just a utility player" and he's absolutely ripping us and contributed to the Twins for a couple years now?

I wouldn't call him a stud but kinda figured we'd regret the trade.

Edited by WilliamTell

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
Shuck is a competent defender and a decent bat. That's more that can be said about a few of the alleged starters RV throws out there.

I wouldn't play him ahead of any of our outfielders. That includes Avi, who we perhaps still have to learn some things about. We know what Shuck is, and it's a 4th outfielder. A singles hitter.

I'd be okay with him platooning with LaRoche.

Is it ok yet to note that Eduardo Escobar was labeled on this site as "Just a utility player" and he's absolutely ripping us and contributed to the Twins for a couple years now?

Escobar put up a .676 OPS in 2307 PA in the minor leagues, and a .559 OPS in 104 PA with the Sox. In order to see him as anything other than a utility player, you would have needed to see a fixable flaw in his swing.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 03:43 PM)
Escobar put up a .676 OPS in 2307 PA in the minor leagues, and a .559 OPS in 104 PA with the Sox. In order to see him as anything other than a utility player, you would have needed to see a fixable flaw in his swing.

A .676 OPS, even slightly below that, is a decent SS at this point.

I really do think we get way too happy to say "Oh this guy is nothing, he's just a utility player", at least on this site. We could use some "Decent, slightly above replacement, utility players". That's better than what we've had at several spots.