9/3 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

A .676 OPS, even slightly below that, is a decent SS at this point.

I really do think we get way too happy to say "Oh this guy is nothing, he's just a utility player", at least on this site. We could use some "Decent, slightly above replacement, utility players". That's better than what we've had at several spots.

Except that your OPS usually decreases from the minors to the majors.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
I wouldn't play him ahead of any of our outfielders. That includes Avi, who we perhaps still have to learn some things about. We know what Shuck is, and it's a 4th outfielder. A singles hitter.

I'd be okay with him platooning with LaRoche.

I think we Shuck lovers just want to see a guy in there who has a clue. LaRoche is worse than Dunn and that's hard to be.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
Thank god we went outside of the organization.

Where is Little Louie Aparicio? For some reason they dumped Tim Raines. Where is he or Sweet Lou Johnson??? I get your point and for an organization that took a stance of honoring its own we haven't shown it lately

QUOTE (shysocks @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 07:41 PM)
I wouldn't play him ahead of any of our outfielders. That includes Avi, who we perhaps still have to learn some things about. We know what Shuck is, and it's a 4th outfielder. A singles hitter.

I'd be okay with him platooning with LaRoche.

Good point. Shuck is filling his role. It seems when they are succesful in doing that the call is to put them in a role they can't fill long term

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)

I really do think we get way too happy to say "Oh this guy is nothing, he's just a utility player", at least on this site. We could use some "Decent, slightly above replacement, utility players". That's better than what we've had at several spots.

Let me bring up the name and player Gordon Beckham. Why is he still on this roster?

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
Good point. Shuck is filling his role. It seems when they are succesful in doing that the call is to put them in a role they can't fill long term

Yes but LaRoche can't fill his role long term either. He's disgracefully bad. The left side of the field, meanwhile, says "hit it here, Mr. LaRoche; success beckons if you just hit it over here."

QUOTE (shysocks @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
Thompson is 1 for his last 12.

Oops. The inevitable regression from .500.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
Let me bring up the name and player Gordon Beckham. Why is he still on this roster?

Great question. He makes a lot of outs. Poor guy can't hit.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 02:45 PM)
We've been bad long before he came along. Culture change is needed with this coaching staff. Along with some f***ing good players.

Coaching staff changes? Yes!! But, we know they have been too loyal to the White Sox franchise and JR won't fire them. Maybe one, maybe Steverson.

QUOTE (Saufley @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
Coaching staff changes? Yes!! But, we know they have been too loyal to the White Sox franchise and JR won't fire them. Maybe one, maybe Steverson.

JR should be more like Steinbrenner. Firing everyone all the time. Wait, he seemed to hire Yankees.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 12:45 PM)

The guy the Sox got him for re-established himself as an above average starter in the NL.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 03:26 PM)
Whoever decided it, he made a mistake.

Eaton has a few bunt hits recently. That was probably his plan. As much as people b**** about Robin and bunting, he's normally very low on the list calling for bunts. In fact, one year, historically low.

Edited by Dick Allen