My/Your Off Season Plan

GGajewski18

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
I would do that, but I don't see what interest they would have in LaRoche, other than just not having to send over any money in the deal I guess.

They do have a hole at 1B. LaRoche has had more success in the NL, and on a 1 year deal, if he does well, they can flip him at the deadline. And like you said, it balances out the money.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
They do have a hole at 1B. LaRoche has had more success in the NL, and on a 1 year deal, if he does well, they can flip him at the deadline. And like you said, it balances out the money.

It balances out the money, but no team in baseball would have interest in making Adam LaRoche their starting 1B.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)

But if they are going to be selling off assets and rebuilding, why would the take on $13M of a dead money and take up a position from a young player who could use the experience? I am willing to bet they would rather just send over $10M than take LaRoche and his $13M. Unless they truly think they can flip him in July for a couple of prospects.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)
But if they are going to be selling off assets and rebuilding, why would the take on $13M of a dead money and take up a position from a young player who could use the experience? I am willing to bet they would rather just send over $10M than take LaRoche and his $13M. Unless they truly think they can flip him in July for a couple of prospects.

Well, I just looked at their prospect list, and they don't have 1B prospects unless they use Willin Rosario or 28 year old Ben Paulson there.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)

We'll if they want to give us close to LaRoche's salary, fine. Makes it easier to cut him when he's not hitting in April.

Owen Schoenfeld ‏@The_Xsport 44m44 minutes ago

@ChiSoxraBBit @gastelumcharlie Saw this like an hour ago, the guy won't respond to me. Always thought Montas made sense in a deal though

0 retweets 2 likes

Reply Retweet

Like 2

More

JOSE C GASTELUM ‏@gastelumcharlie 31m31 minutes ago

@The_Xsport @ChiSoxraBBit rumors always gonna be rumors, A García could be at that Deal too.

0 retweets 1 like

Reply Retweet

Like 1

More

Owen Schoenfeld ‏@The_Xsport 26m26 minutes ago

@gastelumcharlie @ChiSoxraBBit I guess what I'm asking is if you have actually heard that these discussions are taking place.

0 retweets 1 like

Reply Retweet

Like 1

More

JOSE C GASTELUM ‏@gastelumcharlie 22m22 minutes ago

@The_Xsport @ChiSoxraBBit /if you r asking me if this deal its a sure deal the answer is No. If the Q is if I heard something, of course Yes

0 retweets 0 likes

Reply Retweet

More

Owen Schoenfeld ‏@The_Xsport 19m19 minutes ago

@gastelumcharlie @ChiSoxraBBit Wow. Thanks for sharing then. When Rockies exposed preference for power pitchers, I knew they'd like Montas

Updated mock

Extend Qualifying Offer to SP Jeff Samardzija- he declines, Sox get a comp pick

Decline option on SS Alexei Ramirez

Resign:

RP Matt Albers 1 year/2 million

Sign via Free Agency:

SP Trevor Cahill 1 year/5 million

Trades:

White Sox trade CF Trayce Thompson and SP Erik Johnson to the Marlins for OF Marcell Ozuna and UTIL Derek Dietrich

White Sox trade 2B Micah Johnson and 1B/3B Nick Delmonico to the Padres for C Derek Norris

White Sox trade RF Avi Garcia, SP Frankie Montas, and 3B Trey Michalczewski to the Reds for Todd Frazier

Rotation/Bullpen:

SP Chris Sale (L)

SP Jose Quintana (L)

SP Carlos Rodon (L)

SP Trevor Cahill

SP John Danks (Until Fulmer is ready)

RP Scott Carroll/Jacob Turner

RP Dan Jennings (L)

RP Jake Petricka

RP Zach Duke (L)

RP Matt Albers

RP Nate Jones

CP David Robertson

Lineup:

CF Adam Eaton (L)

2B Derek Dietrich (L)

1B Jose Abreu

3B Todd Frazier

LF Melky Cabrera (S)

RF Marcell Ozuna

DH Adam LaRoche (L)

C Derek Norris

SS Tyler Saladino (Bridge until Anderson is ready)

Bench:

OF J.B Shuck

C Tyler Flowers

2B/SS Carlos Sanchez

1B/3B Mike Olt

Thoughts? A lot of trades and no major signings. We trade some prospects to get some core pieces (imo), yet we get 3 picks in the top 50-55 for the next draft.

Edited by SoxPride18

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 13, 2015 -> 12:02 AM)
What about his defense? He's probably the best defensive shortstop in all of baseball.

Yes, and as much as the Sox need defensive help, they need offensive help more. Acquiring him would have used up any resource they had to improve the team.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 12, 2015 -> 05:56 PM)
Way too much pitching to give up for someone that won't help your offense much.

Not only won't he help the O, he will hurt the O. Even our O. He'd be great if you can rake everywhere else.

Listening to the MLB network, some Sox fan suggested Q for Castro. I thought "who is this dingbat?". And then both Bowden and Stern said it would be a bad deal for the Cubs. Many, everyone drinks Theo-aid.

Edited by GreenSox