2015 Wild Card Games

flavum

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
I know some knowledgeable fans who aren't dicks and it'd be nice to see them win it for them. But my god, the amount of bandwagon Cubs fans and their total douchebaggery outweighs my desire to see my Cubs friends happy.

It's the same with Blackhawks fans, honestly. I'm wearing my Toews sweater right now, but I totally appreciate that our fanbase is bloated and mostly hockey garbage.

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:17 PM)
I know some knowledgeable fans who aren't dicks and it'd be nice to see them win it for them. But my god, the amount of bandwagon Cubs fans and their total douchebaggery outweighs my desire to see my Cubs friends happy.

Every fanbase of every sports team has knowledgable and douchebag fans.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 02:20 AM)
Arrieta's control has been horrendous tonight. I swear watching him escape inning after inning is like watching some White Sox game. Pittsburgh are the White Sox tonight

Pirates just lack enough power to make him pay for mistakes. I will say I hope Kershaw shows up this postseason and Tulo stays healthy

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
It's the same with Blackhawks fans, honestly. I'm wearing my Toews sweater right now, but I totally appreciate that our fanbase is bloated and mostly hockey garbage.

lol that's true the Hawks fan base is a pile of garbage. I know there are fans out there that played a little hockey and loved the Hawks forever growing up but then there's the rest of the fanbase.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
lol that's true the Hawks fan base is a pile of garbage. I know there are fans out there that played a little hockey and loved the Hawks forever growing up but then there's the rest of the fanbase.

A lot of that is a result of the sport, as well. Hockey just isn't that wide spread in the US.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:23 PM)
That's fine, but recognize being a diehard Sox fan is not predicated on disliking the Cubs.

That is your opinion, I have mine.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
Too you

I was once like you, then I grew up and learned to like baseball for what it is. A game. I want the White Sox to win. The Cubs can win and I'll be happy for their fans. Make no mistake, this White Sox team is agonizing and the fact that Ventura is still on the bench next season makes me miserable. I am a die hard White Sox fans and I tried hard to buy into this team. I was wrong. The Cubs have nothing to do with it.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
Too you

I might be misinterpreting it myself, but I think he's saying your comment "it is an opinion" is a fact. Like we all have our own.

Edit: just saw his above post, guess I was wrong lol

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
I was once like you, then I grew up and learned to like baseball for what it is. A game. I want the White Sox to win. The Cubs can win and I'll be happy for their fans. Make no mistake, this White Sox team is agonizing and the fact that Ventura is still on the bench next season makes me miserable. I am a die hard White Sox fans and I tried hard to buy into this team. I was wrong. The Cubs have nothing to do with it.

Again that is your opinion, where I grew up you were a Sox fan or Cubs no in between. You be whatever you want to be. but don't expect everyone be happy for Cub fans.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 03:34 AM)
Again that is your opinion, where I grew up you were a Sox fan or Cubs no in between. You be whatever you want to be. but don't expect everyone be happy for Cub fans.

I don't know a single Sox fan in "real" life that wants the Cubs to win.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:39 PM)
Anyone else feel like AustinIllini's posts are a like a bloody broken record?

You're right. Let me be like everyone else here cheering for a team they don't actually caring about the way they cheer for the White Sox.