2015 Wild Card Games

flavum

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 03:06 AM)
In Richard Roeper's book "Sox in the City", he talks about why he wants the Cubs to succeed and would be happy for them. That's about as much of my interest in the Cubs themselves.

And those are middle fingers on TV.

I will never understand why a Sox fan would want Cubs to win. Basically the only thing the Sox franchise has over Cubs fans is a more recent title

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
In a "because New York" and "because Texas" world, I'd pick New York 99/100 just sayin'.

Why? Houston and the White Sox are in the same "Pay no Mind" list, to where the teams have to be really good for anyone to know they exist or act like they exist. I sympathize.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:08 PM)
I will never understand why a Sox fan would want Cubs to win. Basically the only thing the Sox franchise has over Cubs fans is a more recent title

I mean I don't really care if they do or not. Just another of the other 29 teams that are not the Sox so its kinda whatever. I just watch and enjoy baseball.

Me neither F the Cubs always and forever.

Laurence Holmes claiming Sox fans getting behind the Cubs not sure where he's getting that from

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
I mean I don't really care if they do or not. Just another of the other 29 teams that are not the Sox so its kinda whatever. I just watch and enjoy baseball.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
Me neither F the Cubs always and forever.

There are some honest to goodness Cubs fans who I feel deserve to see their team win. There are meatheads, but my grandmother lived 80 years and never saw her team win. There are a lot of those kinds of fans still alive.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)
Why? Houston and the White Sox are in the same "Pay no Mind" list, to where the teams have to be really good for anyone to know they exist or act like they exist. I sympathize.

I was speaking about regions in general. If you're just talking about the sports teams, the Mets would be closer to the White Sox anyway. They're both an afterthought in general in their respective cities.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)
There are some honest to goodness Cubs fans who I feel deserve to see their team win. There are meatheads, but my grandmother lived 80 years and never saw her team win. There are a lot of those kinds of fans still alive.

I am a diehard Sox fan, I have no sympathy for Cub fans.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 09:12 PM)

I know some knowledgeable fans who aren't dicks and it'd be nice to see them win it for them. But my god, the amount of bandwagon Cubs fans and their total douchebaggery outweighs my desire to see my Cubs friends happy.