2015 Wild Card Games

flavum

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 02:25 AM)
It's a simple statement, but true.

With that said, this 2015 Cubs team is built perfectly for a 1 game playoff. I think things will play a little different in a long series with their 3 & 4 having to get starts, unless Jake decides to pull a Bumgarner

Cards better be able to hit Lester. If they can they have a good shot. I'm not optimistic about Cards chances.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:26 PM)
Cards better be able to hit Lester. If they can they have a good shot. I'm not optimistic about Cards chances.

The crazy thing is the Cubs would be favorites against either LA or NY. The Mets haven't beating the Cubs this season.

But this is baseball, so anything is possible.

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 8, 2015 -> 01:30 AM)
The crazy thing is the Cubs would be favorites against either LA or NY. The Mets haven't beating the Cubs this season.

No way favorites against Dodgers

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)

There's no chance they'd be favorites vs the dodgers. No one would except maybe toronto. Two best pitchers in baseball on one team in a playoff series...that doesnt bode well for anyone.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Oct 7, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
Man I miss the Sox being relevant. Though, they've only had what 3 playoff appearances since 2000?

We did get the one that counts, at least. This would all be a heck of a lot less tolerable if we lost in '05.

The Illinois basketball frustration comes to mind. 2005 Illini were nice, but they still lost.