Cubs-Mets (Better Team) NLCS

Panerista

Who wins  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Cubs
    • Better club

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 07:36 AM)
No, he said you'd have to substitute Castro for one of them, remember? So Baez and Castro for Sale.

That's if if if they agreed to give up Russell and Schwarber...which won't happen anyway.

That would be a salary dump, basically.

There's no way they want either Castro or Baez at SS.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 07:40 AM)
Ok, you did say Schwarber, but I don't see anything about Russell. So Schwarber, Baez, and Castro for Sale... still a hard pass for the Sox.

No no no.

It was Schwarber, Baez and Soler originally.

Kyle then said that would be the worst trade in Sox history basically.

Gee, surely we can get Bryant, Russell, Baez and Schwarber...let's do that instead.

Theo's an idiot. He actually wants to put Castro back at SS with Alcantara and LaStella at 2b.

Better yet, they'll also take Alexei, Beck and Avi for Soler. That's three for one baby! How could they possibly turn it down? We can even throw in Davidson and Saladino. That's a five for one bargain! It only took four to get Shark.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 08:38 AM)
Where did I say that?

Jesus.

I said Schwarber, Baez and Soler.

Just to pacify you, it was amended to Russell, Schwarber and Baez/Soler. As soon as we ask for Russell instead, that will be the end of the discussion.

And yet quite a few want to trade for 3-4 completely unproven minor leaguers from the Red Sox system that they've never even seen play...and Moncada isn't even one of them.

Oh thank you for pacifying me be trying to make your trade a little more believable. Consider me pacified

And to the bolded, where is this and who cares

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 08:44 AM)
No no no.

It was Schwarber, Baez and Soler originally.

Kyle then said that would be the worst trade in Sox history basically.

Because it is. You somehow seem to fail to understand Sale's worth in your eagerness to list out all of the cubs minor leaguers that you know

and here is your original quote, since you seem to be re-imagining it

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 21, 2015 -> 05:44 PM)
The problem is Chris Sale is still an assumed health risk to many.

Expecting Bryant and Russell back in a trade is completely unrealistic. You will get Baez and/or Castro.

Other than Baez, Schwarber and Soler, there's just no way you get three guys who can hit 30-40 homers at the mlb level back for Sale.

The White Sox can't wait forever on prospects...they need players one year or less away from the majors, or younger players who have begun to establish themselves a bit.

It won't happen simply because the Cubs can buy whatever pitching they want and trade some of those players at peak value. Fwiw, Schwarber would seem perfect for the AL and Sox specifically. Which of course means he would end up a total bust.

Basically you are saying "The Cubs dont need to give their top prospects to the Sox for a top 3 pitcher in the game. They just need to give a position-less DH, a outfielder that is constantly injured and cant play in the cold, and a infielder that might strike out more than adam dunn but he will hit some homeruns. Oh, these guys MIGHT hit 30-40 homeruns"

And yet you fail to understand the White Sox are never going to approach being an average offense without adding 2-3 position players for a starting pitcher.

We have just struggled through three wasted, nearly unwatchable seasons. 2016 will be another.

The White Sox won't sign Gordon, Heyward, Cespedes, Zobrist, Upton, Wieters or Chris Davis.

I guess we can return to this conversation at midseason in 2017, assuming Chris is still 100% healthy.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 06:37 AM)
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...-051931204.html

Cubs end their season on a classy note...of course, it wouldn't have gotten a mention had the White Sox done the exact same thing

Oh come on, this is just ridiculous. It wasn't a sub .500 team getting their own story, it was the loser of the NLCS. If the Sox ever make the final four again, I'm sure there will be plenty of extra fluff articles about them, just like there are now about the large market popular KC Royals or the one team in Canada.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 09:17 AM)
And yet you fail to understand the White Sox are never going to approach being an average offense without adding 2-3 position players for a starting pitcher.

We have just struggled through three wasted, nearly unwatchable seasons. 2016 will be another.

The White Sox won't sign Gordon, Heyward, Cespedes, Zobrist, Upton, Wieters or Chris Davis.

I guess we can return to this conversation at midseason in 2017, assuming Chris is still 100% healthy.

You talk so much.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 09:17 AM)

How am i failing to understand that by saying that your trade idea is totally bunk and destroys the value that Sale possesses? Everything in this above post is assumption that you post as fact

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 08:11 AM)
Because it is. You somehow seem to fail to understand Sale's worth in your eagerness to list out all of the cubs minor leaguers that you know

and here is your original quote, since you seem to be re-imagining it

Basically you are saying "The Cubs dont need to give their top prospects to the Sox for a top 3 pitcher in the game. They just need to give a position-less DH, a outfielder that is constantly injured and cant play in the cold, and a infielder that might strike out more than adam dunn but he will hit some homeruns. Oh, these guys MIGHT hit 30-40 homeruns"

And he might get hurt next season, like Mike Sirotka or any number of top pitching prospects that came through the system from 1999-2002.

First, we actually need a DH since we don't have one for 2017-2019. I can't imagine what Cubs' fans would say about Avi if that's your overall assessment of Soler.

It's amazing the Cubs even won 80 games.

Finally, Adam Eaton can't steal bases, listen to coaches, he pisses off all the veteran players in the clubhouse, he never throws to the correct base and always overestimates his arm, he only looked passable in CF this season because the corners were even more atrocious and his penchant for swinging for the fences from the leadoff spot won't be quite so helpful in the future when he's sacrificing contact and infield hits for power numbers. We can find flaws in every player if we so choose. Why would the Cubs want him when he didn't show up with the right mindset at the beginning of the season?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
And he might get hurt next season, like Mike Sirotka or any number of top pitching prospects that came through the system from 1999-2002.

First, we actually need a DH since we don't have one for 2017-2019. I can't imagine what Cubs' fans would say about Avi if that's your overall assessment of Soler.

It's amazing the Cubs even won 80 games.

Finally, Adam Eaton can't steal bases, listen to coaches, he pisses off all the veteran players in the clubhouse, he never throws to the correct base and always overestimates his arm, he only looked passable in CF this season because the corners were even more atrocious and his penchant for swinging for the fences from the leadoff spot won't be quite so helpful in the future when he's sacrificing contact and infield hits for power numbers. We can find flaws in every player if we so choose. Why would the Cubs want him when he didn't show up with the right mindset at the beginning of the season?

The Cubs didn't win all those games because of Soler and Baez. Soler was replacement level, and even Schwarber only came up halfway through the year and was pretty bad the last two months of the season.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 08:30 AM)
The Cubs didn't win all those games because of Soler and Baez. Soler was replacement level, and even Schwarber only came up halfway through the year and was pretty bad the last two months of the season.

So naturally we can get Rizzo, Bryant and Russell because Chris Sale is the greatest pitcher since Koufax and Randy Johnson, except when he's facing the Twins.

That would still probably be an underpay by the Cubs because of the bargain contract.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 09:34 AM)
So naturally we can get Rizzo, Bryant and Russell because Chris Sale is the greatest pitcher since Koufax and Randy Johnson, except when he's facing the Twins.

That would still probably be an underpay by the Cubs because of the bargain contract.

This is what's known as a straw man. There's a happy middle ground you aren't acknowledging.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
What did we get for Santos, Jenks, Humber, Crain, Floyd and Danks?

Oh, that's right, pretty much nothing.

Dude. Stop. What kind of debate is this? Stop f***ing naming random players. None of them have anything to do with Sale. Your original proposal was trash and that's why you're getting heat about it. That doesn't extend to "OH EVERYBODY THINKS WE SHOULD GET SEVEN TOP PROSPECTS FOR SALE WHOOOAAAAA YOU GUYS ARE DELUSIONAL." All it means is your original proposal was trash.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 22, 2015 -> 09:31 AM)
Gee, maybe the website should be called Sox Silence.

Get a ruler and measure 25-50 of your posts. Then do the same thing with a few of the people that post more frequently here. On average, I think you will find yours to be significantly longer.

With that said, when you don't post an entire conversation with yourself all in one comment, your thoughts can be engaging and lucid. But, when I have to read you go back and forth with point-counterpoint-point-counterpoint, analyzing 17 different players all in one post, I glaze over and move on.

Throwing multiple piles of s*** against a wall to see if any stick frequently only stinks up a room. You really do seem like a good guy, but please do some self editing sometimes.