Byung-ho Park bidding rights won by Twins, $12.85 m

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)
this has nothing to do with Sano, he made a statement and i asked a counter question, he never responded.

it is just he makes statements with out ever explaining why it is wrong, or his reasoning.

the other part is me, i was in a great mood until i had my meeting. now everything went to the s***ter.

so i am in a pissy mood now.... i am leaving today, b/c of it. i will be back when the s*** is off the stove.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 10:46 AM)
I think LDF is referring to the brief discussion the two of you had yesterday on if the Cubs were the winning bidders, what would they do about 1B with Rizzo already there.

It's all moot now since its the Twins that won the bid. Just trying to clarify is all. :)

Anyway. Twins lineup looks even more potent now with the power potential in that lineup.

Oh lol. Well I didn't see his post. Trading Rizzo who is 3 years younger and far more proven than Park, and moving Rizzo to the OF wouldn't be a good idea because he has been pretty solid at 1B his entire career.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
And their defense looks embarrassingly bad. Sano anywhere but DH is a good news for the Sox. Sano at 3B and/or LF for more than a handful of games would be comical.

Assuming Park isn't much of a defender, so he'd probably find himself at DH most of the time with Mauer at 1B (if they get the deal done). But Joe will need his rest, so Park will definitely get some time in the field.

The Twins really screwed the pooch with Mauer. He is plenty athletic enough to play other positions. THey should have stuck with him in the OF, or at least given him a chance at 3B.

I hear ya. Not sure how the Twins expect Sano to play LF, dude is 6'4" 260. Not very mobile imo. Perhaps the Twins can give him a golf cart to play LF with?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:36 PM)
Oh lol. Well I didn't see his post. Trading Rizzo who is 3 years younger and far more proven than Park, and moving Rizzo to the OF wouldn't be a good idea because he has been pretty solid at 1B his entire career.

i just got back

so if your idea of the trade is wrong, that team put in a bid, what are they going to do with rizzo, again if they had won the bidding process,

so this is a NL team with no DH and now they have 2 1b man in rizzo and parks. what to do???

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:50 PM)
And their defense looks embarrassingly bad. Sano anywhere but DH is a good news for the Sox. Sano at 3B and/or LF for more than a handful of games would be comical.

Assuming Park isn't much of a defender, so he'd probably find himself at DH most of the time with Mauer at 1B (if they get the deal done). But Joe will need his rest, so Park will definitely get some time in the field.

The Twins really screwed the pooch with Mauer. He is plenty athletic enough to play other positions. THey should have stuck with him in the OF, or at least given him a chance at 3B.

you make a great point, the uncertainty of his defense is a factor, an unknown factor. that is why having a AL team win the bidding process helps, the DH factor.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
i just got back

so if your idea of the trade is wrong, that team put in a bid, what are they going to do with rizzo, again if they had won the bidding process,

so this is a NL team with no DH and now they have 2 1b man in rizzo and parks. what to do???

Who cares? They didn't win the bid. Why even talk about it?

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 01:40 PM)
i just got back

We don't even know they made a bid.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 08:03 PM)
We don't even know they made a bid.

so all the tweets or post of the cubs being involve, they are wrong, again this is for this discussion.

if you don't want to continue, just explain why you disagree..... it is easy, many does it.