White Sox hire Rick Renteria and Greg Sparks

Dunt

I was under the impression that Maddon or not, Renteria probably wasn't going to be around once Theo & Friends felt they were ready to compete. He may have stayed through the extra year (2015 season) if their bespectacled messiah didn't fall into their hands (obviously there was some collusion there as well), but that entire thing felt temporary from the moment he was hired.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 09:25 AM)
I was under the impression that Maddon or not, Renteria probably wasn't going to be around once Theo & Friends felt they were ready to compete. He may have stayed through the extra year (2015 season) if their bespectacled messiah didn't fall into their hands (obviously there was some collusion there as well), but that entire thing felt temporary from the moment he was hired.

He actually had 2 years left on his contract. I don't think he was a place holder.

Whatever it is, the Cubs and the almighty Theo, thought he was good enough for their young players as the manager. As a bench coach, no one should have a problem with this hire.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 09:28 AM)
He actually had 2 years left on his contract. I don't think he was a place holder.

Whatever it is, the Cubs and the almighty Theo, thought he was good enough for their young players as the manager. As a bench coach, no one should have a problem with this hire.

3 year contracts are pretty standard for new managers though. I think it's rare to see 1 year deals for managers.

Actually find with Renteria.

Bud Black endorses him.

And I'm OK with Ventura feeling his shadow or presence or whatever. #23 could use a little motivation to keep his gig.

[/quot

I couldn't agree with you more about Renteria possibly pushing Ventura. It's way past the time Ventura started feeling a little heat. Get this team going or get fired!!

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 11, 2015 -> 10:28 AM)

So the Cubs are still actually paying him this year then?...correct? Savvy move lol...

I like the hire actually...