Mexican Restaurants in Chicago...

shipps

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 04:07 PM)
L'Patron is great, not sure about it as a sit down place for dinner.

I also really really liked El Habanero on Fullerton, replaced the old colombian restaurant. Sometimes a bit too much garlic but very tasty.

Yeah the thread kind of went on a tangent. Xoco (kind of a free for all when I've gone), Cemitas Puebla and Paco's Tacos don't really work for the original post either. Nuevo Leon gets pretty crazy too, would definitely book the room if that's your choice.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 04:19 PM)
Yeah the thread kind of went on a tangent. Xoco (kind of a free for all when I've gone), Cemitas Puebla and Paco's Tacos don't really work for the original post either. Nuevo Leon gets pretty crazy too, would definitely book the room if that's your choice.

Actually this thread has given me more than I expected. I am not sure whether or not her friends are going to be able to make it for the dinner so I might wind up back to square one with booking for just us two. I am going to try as much as I can of all these places. Looking them up on a quick google search and they all look mouth watering.

QUOTE (shipps @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 04:24 PM)
Actually this thread has given me more than I expected. I am not sure whether or not her friends are going to be able to make it for the dinner so I might wind up back to square one with booking for just us two. I am going to try as much as I can of all these places. Looking them up on a quick google search and they all look mouth watering.

Totally gluttonous, but one fun thing we've done with friends is had people bring tacos from a bunch of different places (I think big star, l'patron, tequilas tacos and lazos) and everyone met up at revolution tap room (avondale) to eat and drink.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
Totally gluttonous, bot one fun thing we've done with friends is had people bring tacos from a bunch of different places (I think big star, l'patron, tequilas tacos and lazos) and everyone met up at revolution tap room (avondale) to eat and drink.

What a wonderful idea.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 04:53 PM)
Totally gluttonous, but one fun thing we've done with friends is had people bring tacos from a bunch of different places (I think big star, l'patron, tequilas tacos and lazos) and everyone met up at revolution tap room (avondale) to eat and drink.

Your friends are awesome.

Just last night went to a just-opened Mexican place in Northbrook called Agave. Not sure if you want to trek that far, but it was very, very good. And I've spent a lot of time in the southwest and at some darn good Mexican places in Chicago. I was legit surprised that this little place in friggin Northbrook was that good.

It's right next to the Metra station (I mean RIGHT next to it, the platform is 10 feet from the windows), if anyone wants to try it. It's not cheap, but not ridiculously expensive either. Less than places like Adobo. Also has a bar, good wine list (my wife tells me - I don't drink wine).

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 24, 2015 -> 03:51 PM)
And Maya Del Sol. both excellent

My favorite mexican places in chicago are Tapatllo on the north side http://www.cafeeltapatio.com/ And Perez on randolph st http://www.yelp.com/biz/perez-restaurant-chicago

Cafe El Tapatio was less than a block from my last apartment, would order lunch from there every once in awhile, great food and cool atmosphere it just would get busy quick in there.