STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yes, I was excited for this before but man that trailer was awesome. Can't quite tell if that's Vader kneeling in the one scene or not. Person looks to have a hood on though....

QUOTE (MEANS @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 07:38 AM)
yes, I was excited for this before but man that trailer was awesome. Can't quite tell if that's Vader kneeling in the one scene or not. Person looks to have a hood on though....

Given it's clearly canon, I doubt that as Vader was in his full-on Vader suit at the end of Ep 3.

My first thought was Palpatine, but that f*** bows for no one.

BTW, I am totally down with some new canon Star Wars films with Storm Troopers and amazing visuals and a fantastic story every year. Disney is clearly all-in on their $4 billion investment.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 07:45 AM)
Given it's clearly canon, I doubt that as Vader was in his full-on Vader suit at the end of Ep 3.

My first thought was Palpatine, but that f*** bows for no one.

BTW, I am totally down with some new canon Star Wars films with Storm Troopers and amazing visuals and a fantastic story every year. Disney is clearly all-in on their $4 billion investment.

Thank god they wrestled it out of George's hands

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
This looks awesome!

Still can't believe there is going to be a Star Wars movie coming out every year.

i had to go and look on the star wars and imdb to understand this. now i got it.

a new branch of actors and characters will be into and 2 different stories going on.

excellent idea. now they are making it work.

Yeah, this looks like a huge winner and I now already can't wait for December to roll around.

I do hope that after the Han Solo movie they move outside the time period setting of the main story line and set some movies way in the past (I'd say future as well but I doubt they want to do that because then they have to potentially account for those stories in any main saga movies). I'm stoked for Rogue One and the main saga films and with Lord and Miller directing I think the Han Solo movie will be good as well (and I'm sure I'll be excited once we get footage) but the spin off movies eventually aren't going to be very interesting if they are just set around characters and events we already know about because of the main saga.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 08:28 AM)
That looks decent. Ha

No shot of Vader. Athough I've heard different reports as to how much he's actually in it.

Can't wait for the Jar Jar prequel.

I'd feel so much better about 1-3 if they actually did something to show that Jar Jar really was this evil mastermind or something.

I'm surprised I'm the only one who didn't like the trailer. It looks fine, but absolutely nothing about that is stand out. Compare that to the Ep. 7 trailer and it's miles apart. I guess we're at the point where people will go gaga over anything new in the Star Wars world. This looks mediocre.

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 11:07 AM)
I sort of agree. If it was a random "action" movie with no tie to this franchise, it would be a hard pass from me based on the trailer. But, it's not. It's the Star Wars universe. I'll see it in theaters, but I have my questions and doubts.

agreed, but as you said it is not. They didnt even need to make up a McGuffin, they have an actual piece from New Hope that makes this story work. I am pretty excited about this thing

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 10:56 AM)
I'm surprised I'm the only one who didn't like the trailer. It looks fine, but absolutely nothing about that is stand out. Compare that to the Ep. 7 trailer and it's miles apart. I guess we're at the point where people will go gaga over anything new in the Star Wars world. This looks mediocre.

The trailer was pretty good, but I can see why it wasn't a WOW or anything. That said, before the trailer, I was more psyched for this movie than any of the other episodic pieces. A Star Wars offshoot that's a spy thriller, minus most of the Jedi magical stuff and more grit? With a cast including guys like Forest Whitaker and Benedict Cumberbatch? And a female lead? Definitely in for that.

I thought the trailer was ok, but I'm not nearly excited about this movie as I was for Episode XII. I'm a SW fan but not a HUGE fan. Mostly I just stick to the main movies. I've never read any of the books or comics and I've never watched any of the cartoons. Even if they are canon.

I'm sure I'll watch this one eventually but I'll likely wait until it's on disc.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
The trailer was pretty good, but I can see why it wasn't a WOW or anything. That said, before the trailer, I was more psyched for this movie than any of the other episodic pieces. A Star Wars offshoot that's a spy thriller, minus most of the Jedi magical stuff and more grit? With a cast including guys like Forest Whitaker and Benedict Cumberbatch? And a female lead? Definitely in for that.

Cumberbatch? Have not seen anything about him being in this film.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 01:52 PM)
I thought the trailer was ok, but I'm not nearly excited about this movie as I was for Episode XII. I'm a SW fan but not a HUGE fan. Mostly I just stick to the main movies. I've never read any of the books or comics and I've never watched any of the cartoons. Even if they are canon.

I'm sure I'll watch this one eventually but I'll likely wait until it's on disc.

XII? Do you mean VIII?

QUOTE (MEANS @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 03:12 PM)
Cumberbatch? Have not seen anything about him being in this film.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 04:28 PM)
He isn't.

I watched the preview on my phone. Got a closer look at who I was seeing, and correct, it is not Cumberbatch. But that is definitely Forest Whitaker.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 7, 2016 -> 12:25 PM)

Not that the female lead is a problem, but they did just have one. I did get a sense that they may have been forcing it in that regard, but Daisy Ridley was great so who cares.