STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

Well Luke conceivably is the "last Jedi" to receive any formal training from a true Jedi master. With all of the books being non-canon I am not sure that Luke ever trained anyone to the level of Jedi Knight, which is generally seen as the prerequisite to being considered a "Jedi Master." Its hard to tell because the last movie doesnt go into how far Luke got in establishing a new Jedi order.

That being said, Kylo could still be considered "The Last Jedi" because last has multiple meanings, and it merely could be a reference to the fact that as of now Kylo is the "last" Jedi to receive any formal training.

And Steve Im pretty confident that Kylo will have his "good guy" moment, much like Vader.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 02:48 PM)
I'm hoping for Arrested Development-style narrator voice overs.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 22, 2017 -> 02:56 PM)
"I'm going to defeat the Rebellion and take over the galaxy." -Kylo Ren

Ron Howard voice over: He didn't.

There's a whole joke tangent thread on that on reddit movies.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Sep 12, 2017 -> 09:47 AM)
So is he just going to copy the story format from one of the original films again?

JJ can make whatever movie he wants, I doubt he comes back to do a remake of Return of the Jedi. I don't think The Force Awakens is a remake of A New Hope but it definitely does play with familiar Star Wars tropes and formula to tell its story. Now that he did the reboot already, I expect that he's going to do something original.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 13, 2017 -> 10:46 PM)
Unpopular opinion, but to me, TFA was the same as A New Hope. Different characters, graphics, etc. but identical storyline. I didn't enjoy it.

There are some obvious similarities between them (main character starts out on a desert planet, large planet destroying base, bad guy wears all black and has a red light saber....) but to say they have identical story lines is a bit of a stretch.

It's not an unpopular opinion. Modeling TFA after ANH was intentional. Here's a quote from Abrams:

“[‘The Force Awakens’] was a bridge and a kind of reminder; the audience needed to be reminded what ‘Star Wars’ is, but it needed to be established with something familiar, with a sense of where we are going to new lands, which is very much what 8 and 9 do. The weird thing about that movie is that it had been so long since the last one. Obviously the prequels had existed in between and we wanted to, sort of, reclaim the story. So we very consciously — and I know it is derided for this — we very consciously tried to borrow familiar beats so the rest of the movie could hang on something that we knew was ‘Star Wars.'”