White Sox targeting OF Justin Upton

GGajewski18

QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 04:55 PM)
There's been very little of late connecting the Sox to Upton. Seems like Cespedes might be their target.

I would rather have Cespedes to be honest. Just a gut feeling on that so it doesn't really count but I think he will be a much better player for us than Upton.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 04:57 PM)
I would rather have Cespedes to be honest. Just a gut feeling on that so it doesn't really count but I think he will be a much better player for us than Upton.

Cespedes just seems like a bust waiting to happen to me, probably just me though. BTW I think most of these big FAs are gambles, I don't think any of them are exceptional but you'll be paying that price for them.

If we're going for it you need to get one of them though, can't keep wasting Sale and Abreu and we've put ourselves in this position.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)
This is the White Sox we are talking about whose biggest contract ever handed out was $68 million over six years. They are going to double that amount to give to Justin Upton? That just is not the White Sox.

They'll have to do it eventually. Why not now?

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 06:29 PM)
This is the White Sox we are talking about whose biggest contract ever handed out was $68 million over six years. They are going to double that amount to give to Justin Upton? That just is not the White Sox.

I hate to admit it but, you're probably right.

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
I can see Cespedes and Abreu playing off of each other in that lineup. That may be an imaginary vision of mine but it seems like he would fit in very well.

If Alexei doesn't re sign with the Sox then I'd hate for Jose to be on an island as the only Cuban on the 25 . I think 2 Cuban sluggers would be a good match. I can't say who I would rather have because I'd gladly take Cespedes, Upton, Heyward or Gordon. High end talent like those 4 pretty much beats anything the Sox have playing the field now. Get one of them and I'm a happy minion.