White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:49 PM)
I think it's almost a guaranteed that Hayward lands with the Cubs or Cards... More likely the Cubs at this point.

Nightengale says he thinks it's a bluff. He doesnt think they are going to spend the 10 years plus the 200 mill for Heyward.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
Nightengale says he thinks it's a bluff. He doesnt think they are going to spend the 10 years plus the 200 mill for Heyward.

To be fair, Nightengale also said Zobrist was getting 4 years & $80M.

I like him but he's not on the top of the list of guys I trust outside of the Sox.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
Since this thread is about Lawrie in the first place who's #17 on the list?

Oh boy.

Adrian Beltre, considered to be one of the best defensive third basemen of our time, sandwiched a -1.1 UZR season with 18.5 and 11.7 seasons. Guys have off years with the glove and the bat. Lawrie is a talented defender.

This was a good trade. Since it was with the A's, I figured they'd give up someone I hated, but this was a very good deal.

This is a fantastic deal, I'm really surprised that there wan't a better offer out there! The A's must really have wanted to unload him, unfortunately for them with only 1 (maybe 2?) suitors.

I'll enjoy a modest 3B upgrade with the potential for it to be an insane 3B upgrade. I'm now rooting for Lawrie to really break out. He seems to have a passion for the game, so that is a good start.

This is pretty much Lawrie's last chance. He's been a huge bust for a No. 1 pick and obviously the A's think he's no good if they wanted to dump him. Hopefully he'll be humble in this, his last real chance, to make it big. His stats, in fact, were lousy with the A's.

We shall see. I am a little surprised a lot of you are happy with the trade. At least he's used to AL pitching, but I see him as a fairly lousy hitter.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
This is pretty much Lawrie's last chance. He's been a huge bust for a No. 1 pick and obviously the A's think he's no good if they wanted to dump him. Hopefully he'll be humble in this, his last real chance, to make it big. His stats, in fact, were lousy with the A's.

We shall see. I am a little surprised a lot of you are happy with the trade. At least he's used to AL pitching, but I see him as a fairly lousy hitter.

He would have been the 3rd best hitter on the team last year and he is 25 with a boatload of upside and can play two positions... that's why we're happy

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 12:25 AM)

127095609349.jpg