White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:55 PM)
I need one of you negative miserable posters to tell me how this is a bad move. One! Please! So I can laugh at you and talk about you to my entire family as you personally being a representative for all negative moronic Soc fans that are impossible to please.

Not me.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)
That was my first thought. They're definitely not done. Something else is coming and rather quickly I'd imagine.

This isnt the only power they are going to add. Let's not forget that Rick Hahn did say they were speaking to some free agents with qualifying offers. He didnt sound opposed to using the Shark pick at all for the right player.

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)
Love Cubs fans crapping on this move because he's a less good version of AJ as one person called him. But they just signed a 35 year old for nearly 60 million who's overall value was actually lower than Brett's.

Oh really? Lower value? Would you like to compare numbers? Does Lawrie play 7 positions like Zobrist? Is Lawrie a switch hitter like Zobrist? Has Lawrie EVER had a better season than Zobrist

QUOTE (shipps @ Dec 10, 2015 -> 01:55 PM)
I need one of you negative miserable posters to tell me how this is a bad move. One! Please! So I can laugh at you and talk about you to my entire family as you personally being a representative for all negative moronic Soc fans that are impossible to please.

this is a bad move shipps. ;)

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)
Oh really? Lower value? Would you like to compare numbers? Does Lawrie play 7 positions like Zobrist? Is Lawrie a switch hitter like Zobrist? Has Lawrie EVER had a better season than Zobrist

Maybe not, however Lawrie is 26 and has 9 more years to prove the same value that Zobrist has or hasn't got. It took Zobrist to 35 to be rewarded for his value. Let's just be thankful we got someone who could be something of value for basically minor league fodder.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:02 PM)

Why does it matter that he can play 7 positions when he couldnt defend last year? His defensive value is actually projected to get worse next year. Just like the Cabrera discussion in the other thread. He can play across the infield except he does it poorly. Well congrats to the Mets for playing 18 million for that.

Technically Brett(Baseball Reference) was better offensively and defensively

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
Why does it matter that he can play 7 positions when he couldnt defend last year? His defensive value is actually projected to get worse next year.

Technically Brett(Baseball Reference) was better offensively and defensively

Suuuuuurre. What does it matter a guy can play 7 positions?.....it happens all the god damn time....

QUOTE (Baron @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 10:01 PM)
This isnt the only power they are going to add. Let's not forget that Rick Hahn did say they were speaking to some free agents with qualifying offers. He didnt sound opposed to using the Shark pick at all for the right player.

Oh I know that I'm hoping we gets something else before the night is through.