Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:22 AM)
Who is averaging $18 million and who is averaging $20 million?

Paul Splittorff, Amos Otis, Willie Wilson. Daryl Porter.

Gordon 4/72

Kennedy will be at $50 million or so his last three years...which is way more than Abreu. They were willing to overpay what every website believes he will produce by $20 million.

It would be the statistical equivalent of the White Sox giving Cespedes four years and $120 million.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
:lol: :lol:

guess what.......... everyone has an opinion, and many times it can be different from anyone and everyone else.

just b/c opinions are different esp from the mods / admin should that constitute the mods / admin on jumping on them......

poster should not feel threaten if one posters opinions happens to be different!!!!!

now if this difference brings out the lack of age of that person, why is it the other person fault.

difference of opinion is what make the soxtalk board great.

So if a mod has a different opinion than you, you feel threatened? That's your fault. Unless you are banned for no reason, this is the "difference of opinion that makes soxtalk so great"

Mibelt Rodriguez ‏@MibeltRodriguez 1m1 minute ago

The #Mets and #WhiteSox are the frontrunner to sign Yoenis Cespedes. He's looking for a minimum 4 years contract (1/2).

0 retweets 0 likes

Reply Retweet

More

Mibelt Rodriguez ‏@MibeltRodriguez now

@MibeltRodriguez The #Mets haven't make an offer to Cespedes, and they won't go beyond 3 years. The #WhiteSox may go 4 years (2/2) #MLB

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:50 AM)
:lol: :lol:

guess what.......... everyone has an opinion, and many times it can be different from anyone and everyone else.

just b/c opinions are different esp from the mods / admin should that constitute the mods / admin on jumping on them......

poster should not feel threaten if one posters opinions happens to be different!!!!!

now if this difference brings out the lack of age of that person, why is it the other person fault.

difference of opinion is what make the soxtalk board great.

And this is exactly my point. Why is it that mods/admins can't have any opinions? Nobody feels threatened by you, believe me, and age has nothing to do with it either so I am not sure what you are referring to there.

If you or anyone else has a problem or concern with the mod/admin team it should be done by pm. We can go back and forth that way without clogging up threads of speculation.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)

The #Mets and #WhiteSox are the frontrunner to sign Yoenis Cespedes. He's looking for a minimum 4 years contract (1/2).

0 retweets 0 likes

Reply Retweet

More

@MibeltRodriguez The #Mets haven't make an offer to Cespedes, and they won't go beyond 3 years. The #WhiteSox may go 4 years (2/2) #MLB

Who is Mibelt Rodriguez again?

0 retweets 0 likes

Reply Retweet

More

Does 4/90 get it done?

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
Who is Mibelt Rodriguez again?

I believe he was the teenager that broke some big red sox trade or signing. Forget which.

Edit: crap, I don't think he's a teenager. But he was in on the panda signing with the teenager.

Edited by bmags

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)
So if a mod has a different opinion than you, you feel threatened? That's your fault. Unless you are banned for no reason, this is the "difference of opinion that makes soxtalk so great"

nice try.....

2 things

1. i have always been happy if some posters can find fault and i have ALWAYS acknowledge when i am wrong..... i know i can be wrong on many occasions. this is not a competition of how many times i am right or wrong, unlike some hmmmm posters.

2. again i am being pegged out when others have made their statement..... psst where are the so call PM msg'es that last week a admin stated they will dooo. instead of posting this on the msg board.

again different rules for admin and mods....

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 18, 2016 -> 11:04 PM)
There will be more moves made I think, unless the deadline is tonight. They have half assed it plenty of times, but I still think this year will be different.

Trade deadline??? Some posters sound like pitchers and catchers are reporting today. Maybe Frazier hits 40 hrs and is AL MVP. Maybe Sox sign Cespedes and he turns into another Adam LaRoche. Maybe Sale and Rodon collide shagging outfield fly balls in SP and 2016 turns into another rebuilding year.

Before we fire the FO, lets see what the roster looks like when SP opens.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
And this is exactly my point. Why is it that mods/admins can't have any opinions? Nobody feels threatened by you, believe me, and age has nothing to do with it either so I am not sure what you are referring to there.

If you or anyone else has a problem or concern with the mod/admin team it should be done by pm. We can go back and forth that way without clogging up threads of speculation.

and i have said that mods or admn should not have opinions???????

debate is a great form of conversing with a topic.... the topic is sox and the board it soxtalk.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 03:58 PM)

0 retweets 0 likes

Reply Retweet

More

4 yrs but at what cost????

0 retweets 0 likes

Reply Retweet

More

What? Reason for optimism?

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 10:08 AM)
Screw it, do 4 years, higher average than Upton got. 92/4, if that doesn't get it done, call Fowler/Jackson.

Please Jackson over Fowler. I don't know that it makes us better, but I know it does not commit us to an outfield of low power for years (i.e., we know we need to upgrade it anyway, no need to commit to a stop gap).

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 11:10 AM)
Please Jackson over Fowler. I don't know that it makes us better, but I know it does not commit us to an outfield of low power for years (i.e., we know we need to upgrade it anyway, no need to commit to a stop gap).

I'm with ya. I can understand them going in the other direction though just simply because Fowler might be a little bit safer, even though he'll cost more.

QUOTE (bschmaranz @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
I'm with ya. I can understand them going in the other direction though just simply because Fowler might be a little bit safer, even though he'll cost more.

i would rather not loose the pick for some one who may very well be equal to another player.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
Hypothetically, if Cespedes' camp told the White Sox FO that they would accept a deal exactly like Upton's, would the Sox do it? Would you guys as fans be ok with it if they did?

Yes. It's not my money and doesn't cost a draft pick.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 19, 2016 -> 10:58 AM)

0 retweets 0 likes

Reply Retweet

More

No way Jose! LOL come on down Cespy