Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)
In terms of rabbit. You would think his sources would talk if they didnt think they were going to sign him. If they know they are close to signing him is when they might want to keep a tight lip about things with them being that close.

Yes, definitely seems close enough that word went down to tighten up to go to Rosenthal/Nightengale to break.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
In terms of rabbit. You would think his sources would talk if they didnt think they were going to sign him. If they know they are close to signing him is when they might want to keep a tight lip about things with them being that close.

Or maybe they are just busy? I don't see A lack of timely response to a tegular civilian who is looking for info for a message board as a reason why a Cespedes signing is going to happen. Not saying it wont, I just don't feel the need to read that much in to it.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 01:02 PM)
raBBit's source(s) cutting him off means that they are in the thick of things.

That can really only be taken as a good thing at this point.

Agreed. If it's really Nats, Mets, Sox I don't even know who to say is a front runner. Hope Abreu has convinced him and we're paying up.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)
Or maybe they are just busy? I don't see A lack of timely response to a tegular civilian who is looking for info for a message board as a reason why a Cespedes signing is going to happen. Not saying it wont, I just don't feel the need to read that much in to it.

How dare you call rabbit a tegular civilian.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 12:03 PM)

Are you implying Sox fans would read too much into something? Nah, would never happen. ;)

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 12:00 PM)

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)
Yes, definitely seems close enough that word went down to tighten up to go to Rosenthal/Nightengale to break.

I agree with all of the above. If Sox were out, we'd hear about it. Silence, in this case, might just be golden.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 12:02 PM)

100% agreed.

I'm assuming that the Sox are in the thick of things right now regarding Cespedes, and they don't want to leak out ANY info to anyone that could ruin the plan.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 12:05 PM)
Are you implying Sox fans would read too much into something? Nah, would never happen. ;)

rabbit is implying that with the knowledge that they have never been non responsive to him before. I would assume.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
rabbit is implying that with the knowledge that they have never been non responsive to him before. I would assume.

I figured as much. I'm just having some fun because its just boring waiting for Cespedes to make up his mind.

The Sox have been eerily quiet the last few weeks. It's kind of weird because there was tons of smoke before the Lawrie and Frazier trades.

QUOTE (Kevtrem @ Jan 20, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
If we let this thread get to 300 before Yo signs, I would be ashamed and embarrassed for us all.

No way man. I would be a pathetically proud SoxTalk member if we could achieve 300 pages before Cespedes signed. Then again, I have low standards.