Cespedes Re-signs with the Mets

dayan024

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 10:38 PM)
It's all good. Sox will miss out cause they didn't want to offer more then 3 yrs. They will turn around and trade Quintana, fulmer and Anderson for cargo lol

How about this...trade Tim Anderson and Danish for Dickerson and then sign Desmond

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
If true, this simply means they won't land Cespedes or Upton. I think this is a good time to simply change our expectations.

Fowler would be nice, too.

Span seems to be a much better fit. No draft pick and you can get him for less years.

Here's a really outside the box idea: sign Desmond to play SS and Alexei to play RF.

Alexei is most well known as a SS as we all know, but he did play a bit of outfield in '08. As far as I'm concerned, he'd be an upgrade over Avi in RF and his defense would most likely be adequate enough.

Edited by ChiSoxFanMike

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
Brian Bilek ‏@ChiSoxraBBit 2m2 minutes ago

.@Ken_Rosenthal just reported to @EliHershkovich that the #WhiteSox are firm on their stance of not going over 3 years with Cespedes/Upton.

Then this thread can be deleted.

I f***ing hate the Sox sometimes. They're one good hitter away from being a legit contender and of course they won't go for it.

SMDH.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
Here's a really outside the box idea: sign Desmond to play SS and Alexei to play RF.

Alexei is most known as a SS as we all know, but he did play a bit of outfield in '08. As far as I'm concerned, he'd be an upgrade over Avi and his defense would most likely be adequate.

No, just no.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)

Alexei is most known as a SS as we all know, but he did play a bit of outfield in '08. As far as I'm concerned, he'd be an upgrade over Avi and his defense would most likely be adequate.

Why would you put someone who can't hit and move them to a position that requires someone to actually be a good hitter to be useful? If anything, they'd sign Desmond and put him in CF as teams think he can be a superb OF

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 09:47 PM)

I f***ing hate the Sox sometimes. They're one good hitter away from being a legit contender and of course they won't go for it.

SMDH.

or maybe it's because they don't want to tie up 20-25% of their payroll on an inconsistent player coming off a career year (Cespedes) or a player that many scouts question their passion for the game (Upton)

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)

SMDH.

I wouldn't freak out until Cespedes and Upton are on different teams. And even then, don't freak out.

Brian Bilek ‏@ChiSoxraBBit 3m3 minutes ago

Brian Bilek Retweeted Josh Nelson

The #WhiteSox will get another outfielder. That's a promise. I'm not talking Sands/Fields type either.

Brian Bilek ‏@ChiSoxraBBit 1m1 minute ago

If #WhiteSox don't sign Cespedes/Upton it won't be for lack of willingness to go to a fourth year. They have the upper hand in the market.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 03:47 PM)

SMDH.

Seriously. Them sticking to 3 years for guys like Cespedes/Upton is an insult to them and the fanbase. My moral was up for this year after the Frazier trade but it just came crashing back down.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jan 7, 2016 -> 03:51 PM)

Brian Bilek Retweeted Josh Nelson

The #WhiteSox will get another outfielder. That's a promise. I'm not talking Sands/Fields type either.

If #WhiteSox don't sign Cespedes/Upton it won't be for lack of willingness to go to a fourth year. They have the upper hand in the market.

Isn't that statement exactly the opposite of what he just reported a few minutes ago?

@Ken_Rosenthal just reported to @EliHershkovich that the #WhiteSox are firm on their stance of not going over 3 years with Cespedes/Upton.

All I know is that I will be pissed if Avi is the starting RF on Opening Day.

Brian Bilek Retweeted

Yes. They are playing the market. Cespedes/Upton management teams are scrambling. Sox adding fuel to the fire.

Brian Bilek Retweeted Jacob Sampsell

Not necessarily, but if they don't, it won't be for the reason of the recent media manipulations.