Who will the next TV PBP be to split duties with Hawk?

professa

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:06 PM)
How about a real life broadcaster instead of an ex-Sox player? Someone of the John Rooney ilk. Not that I loved him, but still he was a pro.

That is what they should do. Enough of this 'ex-White Sox' crap. Get an up and coming play by play talent.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
Chicago White Sox Press Release: It has been announced that Ozzie Guillen has been named as new PBP man for all games Ken "Hawk" Harrelson will not be calling this year. An interpreter will be provided free of charge.

When asked for comment Guillen said

@%^$&^%RE&^%^%W%&&^*%R#%^@#%#%@#^%E&^%%@!&*((%^#@

I throw this out there every so often, but my kids (now 6 & 4) LOVE Hawk.

Hell, I'd say 50% of their takeaway from the game of baseball itself are Hawkisms.

As a baseball fan he really wears on me though. I'd support a three man booth where Hawk served as more of a cheerleader than a color guy. I'd keep him around forever if he could cut out his sabermetric hot taeks and Yaz stories. I'd allow Hawk to discuss batting gloves once per week, but only for one minute. Just give Stone a taser to poke him with anytime he slips back into crazy mode.

The reason so many people have gotten down on Hawk is because we suck. Hawk is a ton of fun to listen to when the teams plays good baseball and enjoyable. When we stink, we can't stand him cause of his ridiculous statements he has to make to try and cover up the suck. Back in 05, when I was going crazy celebrating, it was great knowing Hawk was going crazy too. Even when we got to the playoffs...when Crede had his big hit...I was yelling JOE CREEEEDE like the time he hit that HR in September (or whenever it was) to pick up a huge win when the Sox were scuffling late (with the Indians gaining ground). Or the Juan URIBE with the extra emphasis. God I loved Hawk. He's driven me mad lately but anyone associated with the recent Sox product would probably drive me mad anyway.

On an unrelated Hawk sidenote, the Will to Win made an appearance on a hillarious Jeff Van Gundy interview today (on the Lepetard show).

Folk:

The Sox are looking for a real play by play man not a former player trying to do that. Big difference between play by play and color.

Of the names mentioned in one of the most recent posts, Black Jack has fallen out of favor with the organization due to his blog criticisms of how they handled Gordon Beckham's development, Frank has been doing a lot of work for Fox and I don't know if he could fit the Sox in his schedule. Tom is almost as old as Hawk and had recent hip surgery. Huff I can't speak with any knowledge of.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
Folk:

The Sox are looking for a real play by play man not a former player trying to do that. Big difference between play by play and color.

Of the names mentioned in one of the most recent posts, Black Jack has fallen out of favor with the organization due to his blog criticisms of how they handled Gordon Beckham's development, Frank has been doing a lot of work for Fox and I don't know if he could fit the Sox in his schedule. Tom is almost as old as Hawk and had recent hip surgery. Huff I can't speak with any knowledge of.

Mark

Frank wouldn't be a play by play guy though, right?

I hope you're right if that's the plan, but I really hope they are looking outside of their immediate White Sox family.

Folk:

Good. They desperately need a professional; not a cheerleader to please the hard core.

Black Jack has fallen out of favor with the organization due to his blog criticisms of how they handled Gordon Beckham's development.

Now that's the Sox I know and love.