Robbie wants 2 year deal

SoxFan1

What has he done with the Sox?

I don't think it's so much what he has done, but what other options do we have. Would you put Willie Harris or Aaron Miles there next year. I would try to talk him down to a one year deal with incentives or something. Two years does worry me a little bit.

What has he done with the Sox?

Is that sarcastic? If not, he's been getting on base, getting guys over, driving in SOME runs, hitting a FEW HR's here and there, and had played a GREAT 2nd base! And the most important: GETTING DOWN BUNTS! Hawk and Dj have mentioned that Tony G, Willie, and Jose were practicing his DP flip to 2nd before the games. Thats infuence!

I don't know our budget, and I think Colon is the first guy on my list, but I think Robbie has been great for us, and I'd give him the 2 years.

Here's a question for those of you who are neutral or positive to Paulie - cause I like Paulie a lot. If trading Paulie for any cheap player meant you could keep Colon for a 3 year contract, would you do it. I like Paulie, but I'd rather have Colon.

I don't know our budget, and I think Colon is the first guy on my list, but I think Robbie has been great for us, and I'd give him the 2 years.

Here's a question for those of you who are neutral or positive to Paulie - cause I like Paulie a lot. If trading Paulie for any cheap player meant you could keep Colon for a 3 year contract, would you do it. I like Paulie, but I'd rather have Colon.

If you did that deal, you could try to sign Carl too. That would free up money and you could always try different guys at first with Frank playing there a bit. I would hate to see Paulie leave, but it would be best for the team.

What has Robbie done for the Sox? He's only rejuvenated this dead lineup.

This team would have done what they'd done the past 2 years if not for Robbie. Without him, we are probably in 3rd place. What he had this team remember is that even on your bad nights you can win ballgames, and on good nights, you should win 80% of you games. IMO, we have had more bad nights then good nights as far as the overall aspect of the game is concerned....but one thing has stepped up in each game, whether it be the starters(which it has been I'd say 50-60% of the time), or whether it be the offense or defense. I think Robbie has had a lot to do with this team's sudden surge, and he is one of the reasons why I love this team's chances in October(assuming they get there)

He won't get a 2-year, $10 mill deal...but I sure hope that if he will take a 2-year $6-$7 mill, I sure hope the Sox resign him.

I'm not sure there is anyway possible to sign Colon to a 3 year deal, honestly. Think of the $$$ that will tie up with this "mid-range" payroll we have to keep. Maggs will be up for a new deal after 2004 I believe, CLee is due, Buehrle is due, Loz gets a BIG pay raise, Jose(if we keep him) is due, most of the bullpen is due. There isn't enough money to go around, IMO....and Everett is also as good as gone.

Clee is arbitration, Buhrle arbitration, Loiza and Jose are option guys, so in a sense you can kind of figure what $ these guys can command. I'd love to keep Everett, but he's the guy I think is most likely to leave us. Back to my point - Colon is more valuable than even a productive Paulie, right?

Guest hotsoxchick1
Clee is arbitration, Buhrle arbitration, Loiza and Jose are option guys, so in a sense you can kind of figure what $ these guys can command. I'd love to keep Everett, but he's the guy I think is most likely to leave us. Back to my point - Colon is more valuable than even a productive Paulie, right?

i dont see jr puttin the ok on a two year for robbie... maybe a good 1 year with some type of bonus or something...we have way too many guys who are gonna be in contract talks and such to lock 2 years on robbie..... al as for your colon more valuable than paulie.. yeah i think so..(omg did i just say that???lol).....but i dont see colon sticking around here for anymore than this season... me thinks there was a hidden agenda with new york on that deal........he came our way too easily..... ;)

If he or his agent want big bucks, let him walk.

But I agree he's been very good for us.

I'd love for him to be our starter next year.

2 years would be OK if he would accept a reasonable amount.

If not, let him go to Philly or the O's or some dumb ass team that overspends.

Hmm out of all those guys who would u say is most important to resign? Here's my list

1) Loaiza, no doubt he'll be back on that $3-4Mil Option.

2) Colon, if he keeps that recent hot streak of his goin, he'll be in very heavy demand. I'd offer his 3 years, round $25 to $28 million, but somehow I think da Yanks will offer 4 years for bout $40 mill with Clemens and Wells goin from that rotation.

3) C. Lee, One of the most underrated players in da league, I hope he's back but if JR cuts da budget, I don't think he'll be back.

4) Robbie - It'd be great to see him back next year, I'd give him 1 year with a club option for a 2nd year. I think he wants to be back because of being in a playoff race and being with his brother so we could save a few bucks on that.

5) Buerhle - Deserves to be resigned to a long term deal, and he might take it this year after his terrible start. Props to him for fighting back well though.

6) Everett - Luv the enthiuasm and toughness this guy brings to da park every night but I think we got more important needs bf we think bout resigning this guy.

7) Jose - I wanna go after Kaz Matsui, the merchadising and ticket sales alone would be a huge boost, but if that ain't possible, we bring back Jose for about $2-3 Mil. He's gotta improve his average to at least .250 though.

With all of the arbitration and free agents. This offseason is the definign moment for the White Sox. They could spend a ton of money on one year deals and offering arbitration and if the suck next year, they can white flag guys. I beleive the following guys are in contract years;

Gordon

Loiaza (team option)

Garland

Buerhle

Colon

Alomar

Everett

Lee

Thomas (Options a plaenty)

Valentin (Incentive option)

The only long term deals in place are Konerko and Koch. In 2004 all of the above could be free agents as well as Ordonez. This is where JR will show his true colors as what he wants in life. This team should be right there to win it all. All we need is a manager that can run a team.

The Sun-Times reported that Robbie want to re-sign with the Sox on a 2 year deal. If KW was smart, he'd make this offer cuz teams WILL be after him after seeing what he has done with the Sox.

Southsider... weren't we just talking about this a couple weeks ago ;)

With all of the arbitration and free agents.  This offseason is the definign moment for the White Sox.  They could spend a ton of money on one year deals and offering arbitration and if the suck next year, they can white flag guys.  I beleive the following guys are in contract years;

Gordon

Loiaza (team option)

Garland

Buerhle

Colon

Alomar

Everett

Lee

Thomas (Options a plaenty)

Valentin (Incentive option)

The only long term deals in place are Konerko and Koch.  In 2004 all of the above could be free agents as well as Ordonez.  This is where JR will show his true colors as what he wants in life.  This team should be right there to win it all.  All we need is a manager that can run a team.

see the Serious Talk for Next Years Team thread I started for salary information...