2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:19 AM)
Cruz would be a disaster as well, they really needed Kasich or Jeb.

I actually voted for kasich because I somewhat align with his Conservative Fiscal strategy, in fact I think I was the only one in my voting location to take a republican ballot. Unfortunately the xenophobia bulls*** overshadowed some who could have been legit candidates.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cruz would have been obliterated too, albeit not as bad as Trump is.

Kasich seemed like a decent candidate that people could vote for but he's a religious nutter. Bush has the unfortunate luck of carrying the name of an ex-president who was wildly unpopular.

Romney and McCain probably should have run for sure.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
Kasich has some pretty strong social conservative views and is an anti choice zealot.

Lead story in USA today is the many lawsuits women have filed against Trump and his businesses for discrimination Anna harassment

https://mobile.twitter.com/jkelly3rd/status...440697226633216

I really thought he would relax his social views if he was close to the nomination. I really liked his economic policies.

Romney may have won this election.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
Kasich has some pretty strong social conservative views and is an anti choice zealot.

Lead story in USA today is the many lawsuits women have filed against Trump and his businesses for discrimination Anna harassment

https://mobile.twitter.com/jkelly3rd/status...440697226633216

I mean no candidate will ever be perfect (especially with the current GOP social stances), but he would have been a legit threat to Hillary.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Cruz would have been obliterated too, albeit not as bad as Trump is.

Kasich seemed like a decent candidate that people could vote for but he's a religious nutter. Bush has the unfortunate luck of carrying the name of an ex-president who was wildly unpopular.

Romney and McCain probably should have run for sure.

Romney would have had a shot, but the knock on Hillary for taking donations from large corporations goes out the window then.

McCain doesn't have the fight anymore for this, wish we had 2008 McCain running though.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 09:58 AM)
Everyone wondering how Cruz and Kasich would do and I'm just sitting here sad because I wanted Bernie.

Eh, I think he would have a lot of Johnson type moments. I mean he pretty much brushed aside questions about foreign policy when running with lines like "Syria and ISIS are important, and we'll get to those, but what about Wall St?" I think he would have struggled with those topics and that would be hard to overcome especially when you have a fear monger opposite him.

If Bernie were up against trump I highly doubt foreign policy chops would be bad. He showed propensity to learn and all of Clintons Fp wonks would have joined him.

It is amazing that the dems have put out their most progressive platform since the 80s and there has been zero conservative critique of it from trump.

The biggest loser from last night seems to be the GOP. Trump didn't perform poorly enough to give them all the last excuse they needed to bail but if anything riled up the base even more. So they're stuck with him for now, many back in their quasi endorse/ support state, and something even worse than last week's tape is inevitably going to come out imo. They'll look all the worse when it does, and they will have a hell of a time distancing themselves from Trump for awhile.

And just like that, to support that idea:

https://twitter.com/JakeSherman/status/785498801062543360

https://mobile.twitter.com/scottwongDC/stat...500339965337600

"I won't defend this man or campaign with him, but I still think he should be the president of the most powerful country on earth" is a hell of a position to have to take.

Edited by StrangeSox