2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 10, 2016 -> 08:57 PM)
Talked to two trump supporters today whose main reason was he was going to "carpet bomb" those terrorists and let us protect ourselves with guns against terrorist attacks.

I guess I don't understand why terrorism is so high on the priority list, it effects us in such minute amount compared to other things. It's crazy to me.

Trump also believes that the unemployment rate is something like 42%. Just makes s*** up and people people believe him.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 13, 2016 -> 10:15 AM)
read the whole thread. I wouldn't pick one. I'd vote for someone else. The question was if I had to pick one.

I get that. There's no scenario in actual life where you "have to pick one" though. I guess that's why I was confused.

Good debate tonight.

Kasisch seemed most presidential IMO.

Donald was on rinse, repeat with his insults and generalities about how everybody loves him.

Cruz and Rubio? Like my criticism of Hillary, they just don't have "it."

Jeb is dopey.

I really like Carson. He's a more sane version of Trump. Outsider who wants to save the economy but won't insult people. It will be amusing to see Donald vs. Hillary. He's going to go on the attack, blasting her mercilessly.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 02:27 AM)
Good debate tonight.

Donald was on rinse, repeat with his insults and generalities about how everybody loves him.

Jeb is dopey.

I really like Carson. He's a more sane version of Trump. Outsider who wants to save the economy but won't insult people. It will be amusing to see Donald vs. Hillary. He's going to go on the attack, blasting her mercilessly.

Jeb is pulling out all the stops having GW campaign in South Carolina with him. W is somehow favorably viewed down there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 02:27 AM)
Good debate tonight.

Jeb is dopey.

As a moderate who voted for Obama twice (blame the youth vote) and for Bruce Rauner, I would have to agree with you that John Kasich is the most presidential candidate I've seen here. I wish he had the money to overpower Trump and the support to overtake Cruz. I am hoping his momentum continues into SC and beyond so that we can have a presidential nominee that has good experience, has worked across party lines and isn't insane, like Trump. Although, I would rather see Trump than Cruz. I guess I just feel a Kasich Christie ticket looks better than any of the other guys, and would be a hell of a lot better than Clinton or Sanders in the general election.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 12:27 AM)
Good debate tonight.

Jeb is dopey.

I think Cruz absolutely has "it." He's just a complete asshole.

I think Carson would be better than some people give him credit for, but debating and speaking on the fly is not a strong suit.

If I had to choose one, I'd choose Kasich as well.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 10:12 AM)
I think Cruz absolutely has "it." He's just a complete asshole.

I think Carson would be better than some people give him credit for, but debating and speaking on the fly is not a strong suit.

If I had to choose one, I'd choose Kasich as well.

Nobody that makes all of his decisions based on religion has "it". Kasich is the only chance that the Republicans have at winning the general in my opinion.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 10:59 AM)
Nobody that makes all of his decisions based on religion has "it". Kasich is the only chance that the Republicans have at winning the general in my opinion.

I have been parroting this notion for months.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 08:59 AM)

Not saying I agree with his points of view, but when he speaks, he seems to do so much more convincingly than a guy like Carson, for instance.

I don't think the "it" factor is a measure of substance, but more so style.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 11:45 AM)
Not saying I agree with his points of view, but when he speaks, he seems to do so much more convincingly than a guy like Carson, for instance.

I don't think the "it" factor is a measure of substance, but more so style.

I guess but if the guy is a legitimate crazy person, why does it matter how well he speaks?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 01:00 PM)
It's gonna be a trump/kasich ticket and that'll give the Republicans a good shot.

I cannot imagine that Kasich would ever join on as Trump's VP, especially after all the things he has said about Trump's lack of qualifications, demeanor and ability to be president.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Feb 14, 2016 -> 09:07 PM)
I cannot imagine that Kasich would ever join on as Trump's VP, especially after all the things he has said about Trump's lack of qualifications, demeanor and ability to be president.

The more I read, the more I don't understand how Kasich is not the person the people want to be the Republican candidate. The people of Ohio love him. And he's done a helluva job there.

How bout a Kasich/Carson ticket?? Looks great to me.

As a moderate who voted for Obama twice (blame the youth vote) and for Bruce Rauner, I would have to agree with you that John Kasich is the most presidential candidate I've seen here. I wish he had the money to overpower Trump and the support to overtake Cruz. I am hoping his momentum continues into SC and beyond so that we can have a presidential nominee that has good experience, has worked across party lines and isn't insane, like Trump. Although, I would rather see Trump than Cruz. I guess I just feel a Kasich Christie ticket looks better than any of the other guys, and would be a hell of a lot better than Clinton or Sanders in the general election.

If by some miracle Kasich does get the nomination, he can't pick another moderate governor as his running mate. He would need somebody to help keep the far right from staying home on Election Day.

The more I read, the more I don't understand how Kasich is not the person the people want to be the Republican candidate. The people of Ohio love him. And he's done a helluva job there.

How bout a Kasich/Carson ticket?? Looks great to me.

The Republican base is not very bright.

What's amazing is 601 registered Republicans watched that debate at home and 24% still gave the win to Trump.

He was terrible except for opening, closing and making John Kerry's argument in 2004. He also served up a Planned Parenthood soundbite that will show up in the general election for sure...and a few linking Rubio with GW Bush should he somehow pull it out.

First place went to Rubio with 32%. Kasich was third at 19% and that wasn't one of his best debates, either.

But Rubio didn't do enough to blow Bush and Kasich out of the water, so it's totally muddled into five lanes instead of the previously expected three.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-who-won-t...an-debate-2016/

Edited by caulfield12

my friends and i just got whiff on this article on Sarah Palin.

btw, anyone knows where 'Nativia' is ????

Sarah Palin claimed today that Native Americans should leave America and go back to their homeland 'Nativia'.

"Mexican-Americans, Asian-Americans, Native-Americans - they're changing up the cultural mix in the United States away from what it used to be in the days of our Founding Fathers.

I love immigrants," she told Fox and Friends host Steve Doocey, "But like Donald Trump, I just think we have too darn many in this country.

"Mexican-Americans, Asian-Americans, Native-Americans - they're changing up the cultural mix in the United States away from what it used to be in the days of our Founding Fathers.

http://dailycurrant.com/2015/09/07/sarah-p...k-to-nativia-3/

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 10, 2016 -> 09:57 PM)
Talked to two trump supporters today whose main reason was he was going to "carpet bomb" those terrorists and let us protect ourselves with guns against terrorist attacks.

I guess I don't understand why terrorism is so high on the priority list, it effects us in such minute amount compared to other things. It's crazy to me.

They think brown people are bad, that's why

Because President Kasich would become the #1 target of every terror group in the world in order to elevate Carson and create more chaos.

You think there's any chance Kasich chooses Carson as a running mate? Those must be some pretty good drugs getting around there in China.