**2016 TV Watercooler Thread**

Brian

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 07:18 AM)
Is this the same writers as Eastbound and Down? I'll have to check this out.

Has to be. The feel is very similar. You basically took him out of being a pitcher and into being a vice president (maybe less raunchy). I stumbled upon one episode part way in and agreed it was pretty funny, with some good potential.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 05:03 PM)
I liked the way it depicted the jail/prison sequences. Gritty.

I wonder if they're going to entertain other specific suspects, or stick to the gray of generally wondering whether it was Nasir at all.

Just watched the first episode last night...you guys undersold it. It was freaking awesome.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
I did. That was some amazingly well-done, nerve-racking entertainment. I was on the edge of my seat for much of the first episode.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 09:42 AM)
Just watched the first episode last night...you guys undersold it. It was freaking awesome.

Hmmmm. "amazingly well-done" "nerve-racking" "edge of my seat"

:D

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
Anyone despise this episode of Mr. Robot also? Show seems nothing like the first season.

I couldn't get through it. Don't think I'll continue.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 07:20 AM)
Really liked the first episode of Stranger Things. the 80s sci-fi/fiction/horror aesthetic is very strong

Yeah I checked it out based on good reviews. Going to keep watching, definitely an entertaining throwback so far.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 02:46 PM)
Haven't watched the episode but man, just like that people are jumping off?

I soured on it mid s1 but got through it. Figured it keep trying but nah.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2016 -> 10:06 PM)
Anyone despise this episode of Mr. Robot also? Show seems nothing like the first season.

No I thought it was fine. It seems like things are a little slower this season, not skipping around as much as last season.

But Rami Malek's performance in this episode was amazing. And I feel like the show is allowed to slow down a bit considering they're airing 12 episodes this season.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 01:10 AM)
No I thought it was fine. It seems like things are a little slower this season, not skipping around as much as last season.

But Rami Malek's performance in this episode was amazing. And I feel like the show is allowed to slow down a bit considering they're airing 12 episodes this season.

I loved the episode. The way they have played both mental illness and drug addiction through his eyes is incredible. Usually the view comes from the outside, not the inside. I have been blown away thus far with this season.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
3 episodes in and "Stranger Things" is rad.

Finished and damn, that maybe up there with my best shows of 2016.

Yeah - Really enjoyed it. Probably because of the nostaligia in it that somehow brought me back to my youth. So many random references / interplay with adventure type movies I loved as a kid.

Tyrant is excellent this season. I don't know if many people watch it, so I fear this might be its last season.

I'm an episode behind, but Ray Donovan is having a solid season, too.

And if you turn your brain off and enjoy, The Last Ship is good entertainment.

This 2nd season of Mr. Robot seems really slow moving and the plot is becoming a bit convoluted. I'm still watching it but not enjoying it quite as much as last season.

It was good to finally see Elliot back at what he does best at the end of the episode though.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jul 28, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
This 2nd season of Mr. Robot seems really slow moving and the plot is becoming a bit convoluted. I'm still watching it but not enjoying it quite as much as last season.

It was good to finally see Elliot back at what he does best at the end of the episode though.

The pace will pick back up now because of this. They did drag the Elliot hacking hiatus out a bit too long.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:19 AM)
The pace will pick back up now because of this. They did drag the Elliot hacking hiatus out a bit too long.

It's only been 3 episodes but they've all been extended episodes so it feels a lot longer than it's actually been.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 29, 2016 -> 01:19 AM)

And now with the FBI getting closer, there is more to go on. The story lines are already starting to merge again.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 23, 2016 -> 10:51 AM)
3 episodes in and "Stranger Things" is rad.

Finished and damn, that maybe up there with my best shows of 2016.

Yap, binge watched it in a day. Usually turned off by supernatural elements, but it was really well done. Reminded me of so many 80's movies.

The girl who played Eleven was great. Great soundtrack too.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz