OF Options

rhuesmann35

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
Their is no way that is write.

Write, you bloody well write!

As for CarGo, nah, I'm not buying it. Makes more sense from a Rockies standpoint to hang onto to CarGo in hopes of an over-pay at the grade deadline. So I think Levine is grasping there.

I can see the Sox having interest in Bruce though. Question is... Will the Reds hang onto Bruce in hopes of him getting off to a hot start to boost his trade value by the deadline? If I'm the Reds, that's what I would do.

Honestly I lost all credibility for levine. Dude can't get facts straight about baseball and yet that's the field he works in. He tweeted out when the Orioles were supposed to sign Fowler that the cubs were getting the Orioles 28 pick for compensation. Had another tweet that the cubs are getting back a second round pick for compensation for fowler signing with orioles. Kinda take things he says with a grain of salt. I'm sure the sox are still looking for an outfielder and probably a lh bat. I doubt cargo is getting moved. Seems tho the Sox are looking at whoever for the outfield can also play cf.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 4, 2016 -> 04:11 PM)
Write, you bloody well write!

As for CarGo, nah, I'm not buying it. Makes more sense from a Rockies standpoint to hang onto to CarGo in hopes of an over-pay at the grade deadline. So I think Levine is grasping there.

I can see the Sox having interest in Bruce though. Question is... Will the Reds hang onto Bruce in hopes of him getting off to a hot start to boost his trade value by the deadline? If I'm the Reds, that's what I would do.

Reds are rebuilding, keeping Bruce around is probably blocking some young player from making the roster. They are going to dump him, and for peanuts I would bet. I think Sox could probably land him pretty easily, and may already have the parameters of a deal worked out but are exhausting all angles on the obviously better player in CarGo before settling for Bruce.

QUOTE (blackmooncreeping @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 10:01 AM)
Reds are rebuilding, keeping Bruce around is probably blocking some young player from making the roster. They are going to dump him, and for peanuts I would bet. I think Sox could probably land him pretty easily, and may already have the parameters of a deal worked out but are exhausting all angles on the obviously better player in CarGo before settling for Bruce.

I think if the Reds were going to dump Bruce it he would be gone by now. Bruce has a '17 option so if he can get off to a good start, he would easily net the Reds a better return in July than he would right now. Any players that Bruce might be in the way of would only be for about three months which is nothing for a team that's rebuilding. Also, rebuilding teams want to maximise the returns for their players so waiting a little bit longer would make more sense for the Reds since they know they will not be competing this year anyway.

As for CarGo, the Rockies have been waiting for his value to rebound since last winter when they chose not to sell low on him and gambled he would get better, which he did in '15. Now that CarGo has rebounded and the cost of outfielders went up thanks to FA signings this winter, CarGo's contract isn't bad at all. If CarGo continues his rebound in the first half of this season, the Rockies patience will pay off in July and they will get the haul they have been waiting for. As for now, CarGo isn't going anywhere.

Let's keep in mind the source of these rumors, Bruce Levine.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 09:48 AM)
Honestly I lost all credibility for levine. Dude can't get facts straight about baseball and yet that's the field he works in. He tweeted out when the Orioles were supposed to sign Fowler that the cubs were getting the Orioles 28 pick for compensation. Had another tweet that the cubs are getting back a second round pick for compensation for fowler signing with orioles. Kinda take things he says with a grain of salt. I'm sure the sox are still looking for an outfielder and probably a lh bat. I doubt cargo is getting moved. Seems tho the Sox are looking at whoever for the outfield can also play cf.

All very good points. Well said!

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 05:43 PM)
I think if the Reds were going to dump Bruce it he would be gone by now. Bruce has a '17 option so if he can get off to a good start, he would easily net the Reds a better return in July than he would right now. Any players that Bruce might be in the way of would only be for about three months which is nothing for a team that's rebuilding. Also, rebuilding teams want to maximise the returns for their players so waiting a little bit longer would make more sense for the Reds since they know they will not be competing this year anyway.

As for CarGo, the Rockies have been waiting for his value to rebound since last winter when they chose not to sell low on him and gambled he would get better, which he did in '15. Now that CarGo has rebounded and the cost of outfielders went up thanks to FA signings this winter, CarGo's contract isn't bad at all. If CarGo continues his rebound in the first half of this season, the Rockies patience will pay off in July and they will get the haul they have been waiting for. As for now, CarGo isn't going anywhere.

Let's keep in mind the source of these rumors, Bruce Levine.

good sound reasoning and to be honest, prob as close to what the FO's are prob thinking.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 12:34 PM)
Saw a tweet that Nightengale was on ESPN 1000 and thinks the Sox "have another move up their sleeve" in regards to the OF, but doubts it will be CarGo or Bruce.

Yes that was my tweet. Nightengale was on and pretty confident that they'll be adding an OF. Said he thinks they have "another move up their sleeve". The hosts asked about CarGo and Bruce. Bob said Baltimore is the only team he's heard interested in Bruce. He also doesn't think it'll be Cargo to Sox either.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 12:37 PM)
Yes that was my tweet. Nightengale was on and pretty confident that they'll be adding an OF. Said he thinks they have "another move up their sleeve". The hosts asked about CarGo and Bruce. Bob said Baltimore is the only team he's heard interested in Bruce. He also doesn't think it'll be Cargo to Sox either.

Puig :)

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)
The Sox are rumored to be looking for a LHB that plays CF and comes with team control. Just to throw something different out there, I'm going to guess Andrew Aplin from Houston. Keep in mind, it's only guess and nothing more.

I hope that's not the big move. His PCL numbers are mediocre.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 5, 2016 -> 01:42 PM)
I hope that's not the big move. His PCL numbers are mediocre.

I agree that his numbers are mediocre but it's his + defense and OBP potential that makes me think the Sox would be interested. Honetly, I'm not expecting a big move and its been rumored that the move the Sox make could be less than expected. To me, Aplin fits that description.

Obviously I hope for more but I would rather give a guy like Aplin a chance in CF over the likes of Fields, Shuck and Sands.