SoxFest Event Thread

NorthSideSox72

Avi apparently got booed? That kinda crap pisses me off so much. I don't want the dude starting either but it's not like the guy is lazy and doesn't care about his job, don't boo him at a fan convention. Awful.

Edited by Rowand44

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 30, 2016 -> 12:33 AM)
Avi apparently got booed? That kinda crap pisses me off so much. I don't want the dude starting either but it's not like the guy is lazy and doesn't care about his job, don't boo him at a fan convention. Awful.

Yep, it's pathetic. You knew this would happen, the team had to delete a tweet about him yesterday due to mean responses.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 29, 2016 -> 05:33 PM)

Agree with everything you say. I have taken my fair share of jabs at Avi about his bat and glove but I do not doubt he works hard at trying to get better. It just hasn't worked out up to this point. We're not talking about a guy that shows up late, lacks hustle and has a bad attitude.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 29, 2016 -> 06:05 PM)
I'm at the Hahn/Ventura Q&A and there is NO ONE HERE. LOL! They have killed the enthusiasm for this club. Could not believe it.

I think this makes a better statement and shows more class than going there and booing. Maybe the message will get through.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 29, 2016 -> 06:05 PM)
I'm at the Hahn/Ventura Q&A and there is NO ONE HERE. LOL! They have killed the enthusiasm for this club. Could not believe it.

They scheduled it there for a reason. Only open to hotel package buyers and the earliest seminar so some may be stuck at work.

Is Hahn going to be doing any more qandas throughout the weekend?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 29, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
They scheduled it there for a reason. Only open to hotel package buyers and the earliest seminar so some may be stuck at work.

Took me a few seconds of "what did he mistype" before I figured it out.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jan 29, 2016 -> 04:11 PM)

Tmrw morning @ 10

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 30, 2016 -> 01:20 AM)
Good question abt why they haven't drafted hitters very well (unlike pitchers).

Hahn acknowledges the gap but says they are working on it. Talks abt Steverson should help that.

BPA who at their selection, esp in the early rounds were probably pitchers.

can someone ask if they think Fulmer is a SP or a RP ?????

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jan 29, 2016 -> 06:15 PM)
Hahn is a great politician, trying to address rebuild issues v stopgap solutions. Not sure he gets it really. Is there a plan?

He think they're closer to winning a ring now. Not sure I agree.

I would agree they are closer. They added three bats to imporve the lineup. However, are they close to actually winning it? I wouldn't say that.

Big focus on White Sox poor starts to season, a problem for a while now. Ventura said players might play longer in Cactus League games.

https://twitter.com/scottmerkin/status/693231071220121601

Ventura said regular lineup might play together more as unit in spring training. Also more ABs for starters.

https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/693231279047884801

Ya they need to get more at bats together. Last year I kept wondering when the actual lineup was going to get more time together and they didn't