Players have begun showing up for Spring Training already

Whisox05

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Feb 16, 2016 -> 02:28 PM)
Sarcasm, or was he just not included in this tweet but is there, or did you read Avila as Avi?

Regardless it was at Soxfest that there was an article talking about Steverson working with Avi on a new batting stance. Even if he isn't there, he has been working with the organization on stuff.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 16, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
Regardless it was at Soxfest that there was an article talking about Steverson working with Avi on a new batting stance. Even if he isn't there, he has been working with the organization on stuff.

yeah, here it is.

Scott Merkin Verified account ‏@scottmerkin Jan 28 Chicago, IL

Todd Steverson traveled to Miami recently to work personally with Avisail Garcia.

Dan Hayes Verified account ‏@CSNHayes Feb 12

Todd Steverson said Avisail Garcia was very receptive to trying a new stance when they worked out for 3 days in Miami. Promises diff. look.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Feb 16, 2016 -> 09:28 PM)
Sarcasm, or was he just not included in this tweet but is there, or did you read Avila as Avi?

correct me, but didn't someone wrote an article on Avi going to Arz around xmas to work on his hitting and defense, esp in hitting with a new stance,

edit.... i saw the other post that mention this info.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 16, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
Good to see some guys eager to get started.

I'm really curious to see how Avi responds in live game action with his new stance. Hopefully it will help and he makes us look like fools for wanting to be rid of him.

bingo. just posted this before me....

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 16, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
Good to see some guys eager to get started.

I'm really curious to see how Avi responds in live game action with his new stance. Hopefully it will help and he makes us look like fools for wanting to be rid of him.

One thing we can't call Avi is a slacker. He is probably one of the hardest workers on the team and has the drive to want to be great. Hopefully he can figure it out

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 09:20 AM)
One thing we can't call Avi is a slacker. He is probably one of the hardest workers on the team and has the drive to want to be great. Hopefully he can figure it out

Yeah, after the way he worked back from his should injury, he earned my respect for his work ethic.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 17, 2016 -> 09:23 AM)
Yeah, after the way he worked back from his should injury, he earned my respect for his work ethic.

That is what earned him a mulligan for last year in my eyes. If he sucks again this year I will admit defeat on beating the Avi drum.