2016 AL Central catch-all thread

southsider2k5

Royals blow the first game of the series in CLE due to 3 uncharacteristic errors and the fact Wade Davis wasn't available, so Soria tried to close and failed, primarily due to the talent known as Francisco Lindor.

KC

CLE/CHW 1 1/2 GB

DET 5 GB

Assuming Detroit loses to NYC, rookie Matt Boyd had a no-hitter going into the 6th but the Yankees finally got to him and took a 5-2 lead in the late innings. Game in progress.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the Royals blow a game late and see their fans freak on Twitter. They are ripping Yost unmercifully for using Davis in a 10-5 win the other day, making him unavailable today. What ingrates. Shut the f*** up. You make the WS two years in a row. I still think KC will not win the division. It's Cleveland's year. The Royals have a false sense of security after beating what I consider a fragile Sox team that has no offense.

We shall see but it was nice to see KC blow that lead late. Their announcers didn't take it well either. It frankly reminded me of a Sox loss.

The Indians are going nuts after two-walk off wins in a row, over TEX and now KC.

I'm not sure what the hello Paulo Orlando was doing on Lindor's triple...it should have been a single instead if he pulled up, which would have meant the tying run was at 1st and only one out but a medium-depth fly to Dyson in LCF would have resulted in him staying at 1st with two outs instead of scoring the winning run on a sacrifice fly. Of course, it would have changed Napoli's approach as well.

Three other Royals' errors in that game as well (should have been 4 in the span of just two innings, two on Orlando, one for Infante and Escobar)...and Reymond Fuentes had two "mistakes" as well with a throw home that should have gone to the cutoff man and a misread that resulted in a ball dropping in during the 8th. And, of course, his defensive replacement was Orlando, who made two more mistakes of his own.

I saw before the series ideally CLEVE would take 3/4, but I'm starting to think that heating up CLE and letting them run in 1st might not be the best idea, either. Fortunately, they're without Brantley because of his shoulder problems and also have to replace Byrd as well.

Not quite as shocking because it was Soria trying to close instead of Davis, but the way it was blown was a surprise to most.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 08:47 PM)
Royals lose. 30-27

Tigers will match the Sox 29-28.

Indians missing Felix in Seattle tonight. Hurt himself celebrating.

The Royals aren't good. The White Sox had that team f***ing swept too. It's still unbelievable.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 7, 2016 -> 07:03 PM)
Yordano Ventura continues to be a scum bag.

Throws at Machado. Clearly intentional.

that little b**** wouldn't do this crap in the NL. Wish Machado would have knocked his punkass out. Royals have honestly become the team I hate the most the past few year. If they don't suspend him for a few weeks...I'll have zero respect for the MLB front office. He can't continue to get away with this crap.....

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/16031510...entura-plunking

Lawrie vs. Ventura, The Rematch, on Sunday.

Will be interesting to see if he appeals, and how many games both he and Machado get from the Commissioner's Office.

Reading Yost's comments, it's almost like he's hoping this situation will spark some life back into KC again...

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum....html#wgt=blogs

Ventura taking a beating on social media. Rightfully so, you risk ending the career of one of the five best players in MLB.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 04:27 AM)
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/16031510...entura-plunking

Lawrie vs. Ventura, The Rematch, on Sunday.

Will be interesting to see if he appeals, and how many games both he and Machado get from the Commissioner's Office.

Reading Yost's comments, it's almost like he's hoping this situation will spark some life back into KC again...

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-colum....html#wgt=blogs

Ventura taking a beating on social media. Rightfully so, you risk ending the career of one of the five best players in MLB.

We've got to play these guys again? Can you imagine if KC sweeps us and we right their ship AGAIN? Crazy.

Dave Cameron: MLB Should Throw the Book at Yordano Ventura

Last year, following the bench clearing incident with the White Sox, MLB suspended Ventura for seven games, which caused him to miss one start. After this latest incident, MLB needs to throw the book at him. The punishments escalate significantly for repeat offenders of other behaviors MLB is trying to curb — a second failed PED test brings a suspension twice as long as a first failed test, for instance — and it’s clear that Ventura won’t be deterred from starting fights by simply missing a start and a week’s paycheck. It’s time for a real suspension that sends a real message.

My suggestion? Suspend him for a month. A 30 game suspension will cause him to miss six starts and will take roughly $150,000 out of his paycheck, and would send the message that the penalties are only going to get more harsh if he continues to believe it appropriate to use his fastball as a weapon. Ventura is a habitual offender at this point, and should be treated accordingly. The only way he’s going to stop starting fights is if baseball convinces him they’re serious about stopping him.

Bravo. Enough of this dirtbag and his psychopathic behavior.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 12:06 PM)
Something I noticed about the Royal the last few seasons is they have to lead the league in the most brawls.

And Ventura more often than not is the common denominator

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 09:53 AM)
Dave Cameron: MLB Should Throw the Book at Yordano Ventura

Bravo. Enough of this dirtbag and his psychopathic behavior.

Agreed. Equate this to take out slides at second. Repeatedly throwing at people, is the same as repeatedly trying to injury people on take out slides. His suspension should reflect that.