Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
This could be an additional reason (plus arm angle) why Sale fell to the Sox.

Nah. Some projected him as a reliever and he had sign-ability/health concerns. That is why he fell.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:46 PM)
I don't know why everyone is ripping Sale or even Eaton. Sale is doing exactly what you want a leader of the clubhouse to do, bring the team together and stick up for family. KW appears to be a complete ass and has cause this entire situaltion. It even appears he manipulated the situation to his liking by tell the players the coaches had a problem with Drake, telling the coaches players had a problem with him, and telling everyone that this decision came from the owner. Sale better damn make some waves bc of this and he is 100% correct that is should have been KW walking of the locker room and not LaRoche.

Eaton just needs to shut his trap with the press; chirping through the media is the surest way to fan the flames and keep it spiraling; this is not the approach of a true leader. The sentiment is fine, I get sticking up for your team, etc., but the method of going public on full blast against KW does NOT show true leadership imo, it just makes things worse in the short term. A true pro/captain handles team business on the inside, not through the press and manipulation. I see what Sale is trying to do, and I appreciate it, but his method shows immaturity on his part.

And for the record, if KW is full of it, he should be fired. I'm definitely not a KW apologist.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:20 PM)
The #WhiteSox players say that Adam LaRoche is not changing his mind about retirement: He is gone. (Updated) : https://t.co/ctYBiMZ5bg

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/710890980400959488

Don't have to worry about more of a circus if he came back.

At least that's a positive

Wow, this is the transcript of Sale:

Q: What are your concerns about how this affects the team moving forward?

A: We’re missing two big pieces to our puzzle, plain and simple. I’m not going to sit here and say it’s going to be the main reason, but he’s definitely going to be missed and we’re not going to get him back.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:22 PM)

A: We’re missing two big pieces to our puzzle, plain and simple. I’m not going to sit here and say it’s going to be the main reason, but he’s definitely going to be missed and we’re not going to get him back.

Wow Laroche was such a key puzzle piece last year to the team not playing well

Edited by WhiteSoxLifer

:huh:

Edit: Honestly these comments are making me lean towards maybe there is some truth to the "supporters were biggest complainers" bit. I mean Sale can't be this dumb,can he?

Edited by TheTruth05

LOL! Someone needs to point Sale in the direction of the Adam Laroche's 2015 baseball card. If Chris Sale really believes that Adam and Drake Laroche are the difference makers then I don't know what to say other than "million dollar arm ten cent head".

For those saying sale and Eaton should shut up and deal with this internally how the hell will that work. They can't go to Ventura bc KW went over his head with all of this, same as RH. The only option they have is to go to JR, but KW head is so far up JR *** that it won't help. So they take the only avenue available to them.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
I wouldn't say this could get Sale traded now or even before August 2nd, but it definitely could get him traded 8-9 months from now.

I was about to roast you for saying August 2nd instead of July 31st but then I remembered I'd be wrong. Props to you lol

Q: Can this hurt the team in free agency in the future?

A: I don’t see how it couldn’t. I don’t see why someone with a handful of offers on the table could look and say you know what, that’s a mess I want to go into. No. It’s unfortunate for everyone else involved because this ultimately comes down to the White Sox. This is Rick (Hahn) and Robin and Jerry and the players and the coaching staff are probably going to get heat for something they don’t deserve. Rick, I truly believe is trying to build a winning team. We have a lot of respect for that guy. We have a lot of respect for Robin because he’s leading the charge. We just don’t have room for outside distractions.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
For those saying sale and Eaton should shut up and deal with this internally how the hell will that work. They can't go to Ventura bc KW went over his head with all of this, same as RH. The only option they have is to go to JR, but KW head is so far up JR *** that it won't help. So they take the only avenue available to them.

They reportedly do have an upcoming meeting with Reinsdorf. If only they could've kept their mouths shut until then...

Chicago White Sox owner Jerry Reinsdorf has set up a meeting to talk to several of his players, but at this time, is declining comment.

https://twitter.com/BNightengale/status/710894409047351297

Reinsdorf: "While we appreciate everyone's attention and interest, we continue to feel that it would be premature to comment at this time."

https://twitter.com/CST_soxvan/status/710894293913702400

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 2m2 minutes ago

"about this issue and get our focus back on the field and winning baseball games."

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 2m2 minutes ago

More JR: "As a result we don not want to comment until that process is completed. I have instructed members of the organization not to talk

More

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 3m3 minutes ago

"This is an internal issue and we are in the process of holding a number of discussions with players, staff and the front office ...

Daryl Van Schouwen ‏@CST_soxvan 4m4 minutes ago

Reinsdorf: "While we appreciate everyone's attention and interest, we continue to feel that it would be premature to comment at this time."

This is one dumbass guy's opinion though. LaRoche was below replacement level last year which actually means that he made the team worse. The dude hit .207 with 12 homers. GTFOH. This is nonsense.