Adam LaRoche retires

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
The point being those who rip KW constantly are now ripping Chris Sale because he is ripping KW. It's right on point.

specify on why posters rip on kw..... that is the caveat of the whole defense of kw

QUOTE (shysocks @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:38 PM)
So which players do we specifically know have complained.

Eaton, Sale, and to a lesser extent, Frazier and Duke. Anybody I'm missing?

Frazier didn't complain. I do know Lawrie and Hawkins retweeted support for LaRoche

QUOTE (shakes @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:40 PM)
I don't think he is the one either, but it wouldn't surprise me if it was Eaton. There was buzz about him being trouble in the locker room in Arizona.

I will say Chris Sale was definitely lied to by someone, and it will be interesting to see how he reacts if a players name is revealed that complained.

Obviously someone involved with this is either lying or not aware of what the actual truth is. I'm sure that's why they're trying to keep it a KW vs players issue.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:24 PM)
Agree. And if we suck over the next year and a half to 2 years and they look to possible rebuilding, Eaton is first one gone.

if i have to bet any money, i will say this offseason.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:32 PM)
oh wow

Julie DiCaroVerified account

‏@JulieDiCaro

@MJ_Baumann There are people in media who believe the guys complaining the loudest may have been the ones who complained.

One of the Score's favorite moves is throwing out nonsense rumors nobody can verify. Bernstein and Dicaro are really good at it, and I believe in a lot of cases they 100% make this stuff up to get ratings.

QUOTE (shakes @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 05:42 PM)
One of the Score's favorite moves is throwing out nonsense rumors nobody can verify. Bernstein and Dicaro are really good at it, and I believe in a lot of cases they 100% make this stuff up to get ratings.

Lots of smoke from various people yesterday there were numerous complainers, and this came from non-Score personalities.

Seems to me this story has some non- baseball angles as well. When you attend a baseball game, your ticket warns you that you are there at your own risk any injury you sustain is not the fault of the team. Drake has his own uniform and dad had some verbal agreement. What would have happened if Drake had sustained a serious injury? The White Sox Insurance Company may want to discuss future visitors in the clubhouse.

How about Drake's school. How can a child be allowed to take more than a month off. Is this a form of home schooling?? I am surprised that some school official has not come out questioning the validity of this kid not being in a normal school environment.

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:43 PM)
Lots of smoke from various people yesterday there were numerous complainers, and this came from non-Score personalities.

Yep. Tom Shaer called in to Laurence Holmes' show last night and said that players complained this year and last. Pedro Gomez said that coaches complained. Maybe Kenny Williams is the source for both of them though. Who knows at this point.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:42 PM)
What. A. Mess.

Agreed. This whole situation is awful. I don't care who is 'right' or 'wrong'. When your team's best player is this disgusted with management, that does not BODE well for a team that is desperate to make the post season. This is getting UGLY!

This is not how I wanted 2016 to begin.

I don't know why everyone is ripping Sale or even Eaton. Sale is doing exactly what you want a leader of the clubhouse to do, bring the team together and stick up for family. KW appears to be a complete ass and has cause this entire situaltion. It even appears he manipulated the situation to his liking by tell the players the coaches had a problem with Drake, telling the coaches players had a problem with him, and telling everyone that this decision came from the owner. Sale better damn make some waves bc of this and he is 100% correct that is should have been KW walking of the locker room and not LaRoche.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
Agree. And if we suck over the next year and a half to 2 years and they look to possible rebuilding, Eaton is first one gone.

I'd say it would be Sale. He's the one causing the most problems and he'll net the best package of prospects and ML-ready talent.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 12:46 PM)
I don't know why everyone is ripping Sale or even Eaton. Sale is doing exactly what you want a leader of the clubhouse to do, bring the team together and stick up for family. KW appears to be a complete ass and has cause this entire situaltion. It even appears he manipulated the situation to his liking by tell the players the coaches had a problem with Drake, telling the coaches players had a problem with him, and telling everyone that this decision came from the owner. Sale better damn make some waves bc of this and he is 100% correct that is should have been KW walking of the locker room and not LaRoche.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

How is he bringing the team together?

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Mar 18, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)

Their is a time and a place and a way to handle things. What happens within a clubhouse is supposed to stay within a clubhouse. Instead, everything is being dealt with via the press. It is pathetic and embarrassing. It isn't often that I give Kenny credit for how he handles something with the media, but his approach and tact was solid. How he handled it with the players, who knows, none of us were there and none of us know all the circumstances. But Eaton and Sale should be dealing with this internally, not externally. And if Rollins / Avilla had complained about it and are backing / hiding behind it, than they aren't the type of leaders the club thought they were.

I think the problem is, no one wants to get painted as "anti" family but the reality is no one was making that this situation. LaRoche was 100% entitled to walk away. Kenny should have been 100% entitled to tell LaRoche to limit the time, however, it also would have been better for those closer to the situation or even the players to handle matters. Sox also created this mess by allowing the situation to happen a year ago and to the extent they verbally gave a player his word, well, than I think it is pathetic that they backed away from it (regardless of the situation and if they had given him the word, than I think it would have been more important for the matter to be handled amongst the players, case closed).

You know about the only thing that would fix this is LaRoche/Drake/Sale/KW doing a joint conference and admitting it was all a pre-April Fool's Day joke to get the Sox in the national news conversation and steal some thunder from the Cubs...we've all been punk'd.

LaRoche in deadpan monotone, "KW actually loves THE DRAKE. Do you actually think I'm crazy enough to walk away from $13 freakin' million dollars and the 2nd Annual FamilyFirst/White Sox Faith Day festivities? Only Gil Meche would do something that stupid."

Or part of a seminar/simulated case study on workplace relations by the MLBPA.

You know about the only thing that would fix this is LaRoche/Drake/Sale/KW doing a joint conference and admitting it was all a pre-April Fool's Day joke to get the Sox in the national news conversation and steal some thunder from the Cubs...we've all been punk'd.

LaRoche in deadpan monotone, "KW really loves THE DRAKE. Do you actually think I'm crazy enough to walk away from $13 freakin' million dollars and the 2nd Annual FamilyFirst/White Sox Faith Day festivities? Only Gil Meche would do something that stupid."

Do you really believe what you are typing?

LaRoche in deadpan monotone, "KW really loves THE DRAKE. Do you actually think I'm crazy enough to walk away from $13 freakin' million dollars and the 2nd Annual FamilyFirst/White Sox Faith Day festivities? Only Gil Meche would do something that stupid."