NCAA basketball thread 2016-17

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
Jeremiah Tilmon

Oh, ouch. That is the one recruit I have actually seen in person. That is a big one, that kid is a freak. Real good shot at the NBA IMO.

EDIT: I didn't realize he went back to East STL either. Too bad, I would have loved to see him play in my HS's gym this year as we host LaLumiere where he played last year. They are currently ranked as the #1 HS team in the nation.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
Oh, ouch. That is the one recruit I have actually seen in person. That is a big one, that kid is a freak. Real good shot at the NBA IMO.

EDIT: I didn't realize he went back to East STL either. Too bad, I would have loved to see him play in my HS's gym this year as we host LaLumiere where he played last year. They are currently ranked as the #1 HS team in the nation.

Yea as soon as he went back to East STL the red flags were starting to get raised but he kept saying he was solid to Illinois. But Ford is doing the same thing he did with Jordan Goodwin, offering him more $$ than anyone thought he could and shutting down the recruitment quickly after that. Tilmon at least met with the an assistant coach but man it wouldn't shock me at all if he signs with SLU this week which is just amazing.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 04:52 PM)
By what evidence?

There will never be a picture of a check or a recording of the conversation but they have connections to players' camps and that's how they hear these things.

EDIT: Removing some details, it is pay info so will only stay at high level of info.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 9, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
Do me a favor and let me know how Keenan Simmons looks from SIUe. He is from my hometown, and a great kid. He took over a starting role last year, and hopefully he gets some good minutes and touches this year.

I can do that.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 04:14 PM)
So it must be a done deal that he's gone. Some of the insider Illini guys on Twitter (Jeremy Werner) are basically saying it without saying it outright.

They are holding out the slimmest glimmer of hope but yea, odds are heavily in favor of signing with SLU or at the least decommitting this week.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 06:41 PM)
It really is a shame that scum like Travis Ford is gonna benefit from all of this at Saint fricken Louis University. Time will prove that he's still a terrible coach.

I don't follow much beyond the B1G schools in basketball recruiting, but is there a Power 5 school in the country with worse luck with de-commits than Illinois? I know de-commits happen all the time in football, but they seem to be way less prevalent in basketball.

In the last decade, we've had Gordon, Snider, and now probably Tilmon all flip right around signing day. What the hell is wrong with this program?

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Nov 11, 2016 -> 12:46 AM)
I don't follow much beyond the B1G schools in basketball recruiting, but is there a Power 5 school in the country with worse luck with de-commits than Illinois? I know de-commits happen all the time in football, but they seem to be way less prevalent in basketball.

In the last decade, we've had Gordon, Snider, and now probably Tilmon all flip right around signing day. What the hell is wrong with this program?

Snider and Tilmon aren't almost unprecedented in terms of their late change of heart

Iowa State and Missouri announce season opening home and homes in 2017 and 2018. CoMo in 2017, Hilton in 2018.

Hopefully they can do this more consistently. Would love to get them and Nebraska back on the schedule more often. Played Colorado/A&M last year. Scrimmaged Nebraska this year I'd be down for, scheduling one of Nebraska/Missouri every year.

Iowa State will be the first Big 12 team to go into Columbia since the conference split.

----

One of the reasons I'd love to see the Border War and A&M/Texas resume is could you think how much hate those series will bring? (In a pure sports rivalry sort of way)

QUOTE (Boogua @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 06:59 PM)
It sounds like Kansas is in on Tilmon too.

Having seen the kid, and personally sitting 10 seats from Roy Williams the night he was at LaLumiere to offer him a scholarship, this is the type of school I fully expected the kid to land at.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Nov 10, 2016 -> 05:46 PM)

The problem is this Illinois program needs to be a lot better with all the four star guys they have.

Whoof. Opening night and I'm exhausted just from watching that slugfest.

Stood toe to toe with an older more seasoned team from Kansas and took home the W. I'm genuinely impressed again Tom. This team stays healthy from here and these kids get a chance to grow up again during the year and I will be wearing an awful lot of red Early next year.

:applause