5/23 Game 1 - Indians @ Sox, 4:10, CSN

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:45 PM)
Ugh he jammed himself...again. Come on Jose. You're not hitting worth a darn and ya swing at that?

He's having a hard time gettig around on the inside pitches and bringing his hands in. I think he will come out of it, sooner if our batting coach would coach him.

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony @ May 23, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)
Gave it a bunch of time, but Abreu is officially a big problem. He's not really close when it comes to hitting with RISP.

You see he has no hits on low and away offspeed pitches in the zone this year. He's become the definition of a mistake hitter.

The thing about adding a Santana or Shields is that it takes some of the pressure off Fulmer and Adams.

Dammit, Abreu...this is not Giancarlo Stanton bad, but it's frustrating. More and more weight on his shoulders. 2-0 fastball, ready for it and popped it up instead of hitting it up on the concourse in LF.

Loaded up too much. Trying too hard instead of relaxing....same principle's true in golf, too.

QUOTE (Tony @ May 23, 2016 -> 10:48 PM)
See, that's you taking it one step too far, like always. :)

He's a big problem, right now. He becomes a totally different hitter with RISP, in a bad way. I think it's 85% mental and those streaks usually end at some point, but he doesn't seem to be close.

I just worry that his bat speed is gone

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2016 -> 04:46 PM)
Suddenly that contract seems like a potential trouble spot

17:$10.5M, 18:$11.5M, 19:$12M

Not THAT big a deal. Could be worse. He'll come out of it eventually.

Just a lot harder for him with the team and Jose struggling collectively.

Lawrie with the biggest hit of the season so far. Not quite Crede off Riske, but more for the fact that it bailed out Jose Abreu.

Honestly, that swing from Lawrie is what the Sox have been lacking over this funk they have been in. That one swing. They got that one swing yesterday and now today...I think the Sox are done with the funk they were in. They are starting to find themselves. And I'm glad, now everyone can stop freaking out lol.