5/25 GT 1:10p- CLE vs Sox Series Finale- Kluber (4.10) vs Q (1.98)

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)
So he pulls Jennings now for the righty, despite Gomes being significantly better vs LHP this year? These decisions aren't making any sense of late.

He just hopes they will get outs and doesn't have to use other pitchers

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 25, 2016 -> 09:39 PM)
Lack of effort there simply can't be tolerated...so much for our veteran leadership.

Unravelling quickly.

Melky is bad on defense. Needs to become a DH sooner rather than later. He hasn't even been throwing well this year, which was his strong suit last year.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 03:40 PM)
Melky is bad on defense. Needs to become a DH sooner rather than later. He hasn't even been throwing well this year, which was his strong suit last year.

Becareful saying that means you want to trade him lol. I said the other night he needs to DH and we should get a new LF. I was then told ya we should just trade Melky.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
If they do end up rebuilding, better not be with Hahn in charge. Just let him go after the year and bring in McLeod

I dont know, I dont think Hahn should really be much of a scapegoat for this team. He's had them take a different approach to drafting recently and he was the guy that organized the contracts for guys like Sale, Eaton, and Q. If they fail this year, Im not really sure it's his fault. They didnt give him any money to work with this offseason and he somehow massively upgraded our team anyways.

Well as another tird of an effort slips away.

Eaton: I said yesterday he's trying to do too much, trying to hit HRs. Two to the wall flies in the past week a sign, one first solo HR. And his K rate is moving north fast, including leaving a runner at 3rd today. In addition, his routes in RF are not as spectactular. Two days ago took a left to right instead of a north south and it went over his head.

Frazier: Sorry, that's not a triple. That's a whiff on a play he should have made. ANd Melky slow pursuit in left made it a 3 base mistake. On the heels of Avila not hustling to get the wild pitch yesterday. No excuse.

Where is the offense? For the love of g-d. nothing from rollins, todd is hot or cold nothing in between. Abreu is apparently a singles hitter who can't run or field or take a walk. 4 straight K's for kluber. there are 2/9 good averages in the lineup. ain't gonna get it done.

this team is not fun to watch or follow right now. it's amazing how quickly a month of good will can go out the window. two weeks apparently ebcause we've won a grand total of 3 games in them.

Boo boo boo

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 25, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
I dont know, I dont think Hahn should really be much of a scapegoat for this team. He's had them take a different approach to drafting recently and he was the guy that organized the contracts for guys like Sale, Eaton, and Q. If they fail this year, Im not really sure it's his fault. They didnt give him any money to work with this offseason and he somehow massively upgraded our team anyways.

Agreed about money this year, but it was the debacle last offseason that put them in a bad spot this year. Hahn's made a lot of moves, but unfortunately nothing is translating to production on the field or development of a farm system.

He is fantastic at contract extensions :)

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 25, 2016 -> 03:42 PM)

Frankly, the biggest problem with this team is still Kenny Williams and Jerry Reinsdorf.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 03:43 PM)
Agreed about money this year, but it was the debacle last offseason that put them in a bad spot this year. Hahn's made a lot of moves, but unfortunately nothing is translating to production on the field or development of a farm system.

He is fantastic at contract extensions :)

LaRoche was a clunker, but Melky and Robertson have been solid. Duke has been serviceable albeit nothing special. It's already been shown that they never realized the problems occurring with Samardzija, that's on the coaching staff.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
Why KW?

Obviously divisive in the clubhouse and his imprint is still clear on this team. He loves his old and beat ass players.

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 25, 2016 -> 08:46 PM)
LaRoche was a clunker, but Melky and Robertson have been solid. Duke has been serviceable albeit nothing special. It's already been shown that they never realized the problems occurring with Samardzija, that's on the coaching staff.

Melky has been a disappointment though overall in his Sox career. A 0.3 fWAR cumulative total is bad considering the money they've paid him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 03:45 PM)
Why KW?

Is there any doubt Jimmy Rollins is on this team because of KW...that just screams KW.

I hope I am delusional but he still has some finger prints on how things are run.

How can an unbiased person not think rollins is done as a everyday player?