5/25 GT 1:10p- CLE vs Sox Series Finale- Kluber (4.10) vs Q (1.98)

1st thread of the year. Here goes nothing! Hopefully the offense can continue to slam Kluber as they have in the past. The offense really needs to get out of this rut they are in. Let's get a win today boys!

EDIT: It's Kluber (4.10) vs Quintana (1.98)

Lifetime the White Sox have hit .262 vs Kluber. Abreu and Melky have destroyed him, with .357 (28 ABs) and .474 (19 ABs) averages against him, respectively. Collectively they have slugged .417 against him. Abreu is the only one on the roster who has ever hit a homer off of him with 3 of them.

Edited by Scoots

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I really took a step back this morning and smelled the roses. The Sox are in first place and we are almost into June. They probably wont hold first place from now until the end of the year but they at least have enough talent and good mix to remain competitive this summer and hopefully into Fall buying themselves a playoff lottery ticket. Hahn will make a move to improve the team and we may get some fun surprises in call-ups that produce and help the team in this playoff goal.

Last year was miserable. This team is at least going to make this summer interesting and I look forward to more entertaining ball.

QUOTE (shipps @ May 25, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
I really took a step back this morning and smelled the roses. The Sox are in first place and we are almost into June. They probably wont hold first place from now until the end of the year but they at least have enough talent and good mix to remain competitive this summer and hopefully into Fall buying themselves a playoff lottery ticket. Hahn will make a move to improve the team and we may get some fun surprises in call-ups that produce and help the team in this playoff goal.

Last year was miserable. This team is at least going to make this summer interesting and I look forward to more entertaining ball.

This. I was sitting at the ballpark last night after Sale gave up his last run and looking around and was just thinking to myself "while this game sucks, man has it been so much more fun coming to the ballpark again". Fact of the matter is the AL will be a dog fight this year. Everybody knew that coming in. If you thought the Sox were going to run away with this division, well I dont know what to tell you. This is a pretty solid team though: we are watching two of the best pitchers in baseball 2 out of 5 times through the rotation, we have one of the best RFers in baseball, our black hole at 3B has finally been solved, and we have the second most wins in the AL despite our best hitter going through a prolonged slump to start the season. Everyone should do what shipps says and take a step back and remember to enjoy this more. This is a fun team that is prone to making some mistakes, but they are in the hunt and this thing is wide open.

Television stations today:

May 25, 2016

Chicago White Sox vs. Cleveland Indians

Stadium: U.S. Cellular Field

Announcers: Steve Stone and Jason Benetti

Game telecast time: 1:00 PM Central / 2:00 PM Eastern *

6 over-the-air TV stations:

Chicago WGN-TV, Channel 9 (The CW)

South Bend WMYS-LD, Channel 69 (my network TV) *

Indianapolis WNDY-TV Marion, IN, Channel 23 (my network TV) *

Rockford WIFR Freeport, Channel 23-3 (Justice Network)

Quad Cities WQAD-TV Moline, Channel 8-3 (my network TV)

Cedar Rapids / Waterloo / Iowa City KCRG-TV Cedar Rapids, Channel 9-2 (my network TV)

Peoria / Bloomington, IL - not televised due to scheduling conflict with ABC7 Cubs telecast

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
Rollins back at SS batting 2nd, Avi at DH hitting 8th. Kluber has destroyed righties this year, it's disappointing the Sox don't have any lefty options to DH.

This Rollins things is quite ridiculous. He can't hit LH anymore. If they want to hit him 2nd vs LHP, whatever but not only should he not be hitting 2nd, he shouldn't even be playing vs RHP.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 25, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
This Rollins things is quite ridiculous. He can't hit LH anymore. If they want to hit him 2nd vs LHP, whatever but not only should he not be hitting 2nd, he shouldn't even be playing vs RHP.

You are not inspired by his current .483 OPS vs RHP?

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ May 25, 2016 -> 11:16 AM)
Indians

CF Davis

2B Kipnis

SS Ramirez

1B Napoli

DH Santana

3B URIBE

C Gomes

LF Byrd

RF Chisenhall

White Sox

RF Eaton