5/25 GT 1:10p- CLE vs Sox Series Finale- Kluber (4.10) vs Q (1.98)

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 25, 2016 -> 07:23 PM)
I really wish the Jimmy Rollins love affair would end soon.

Pinch hit, one day a week SS and that's about it.

With Q on the mound, load up on defense.

I expect a lot of ground ball singles to left today.

You knew as soon as they signed him that he would get way too much playing time.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
You knew as soon as they signed him that he would get way too much playing time.

I get that early on...see what he has. He has nothing left especially on defense, he is a garden gnome.

This is the same organization that felt Avi Garcia could be a centerfielder though so I guess I should not be surprised.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
7 pitch inning for Kluber

Going to be one of these days.

Not even good at bats out of the gate and then the lead off single.

In other news cubs are back on track after Arrieta gave up a run, they got 6 back. Jake will throw about 95 pitches today to get the win rather easily and only be rivaled by Klubers 91 pitch compete game.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 25, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)
Going to be one of these days.

Not even good at bats out of the gate and then the lead off single.

In other news cubs are back on track after Arrieta gave up a run, they got 6 back. Jake will throw about 95 pitches today to get the win rather easily and only be rivaled by Klubers 91 pitch compete game.

Hopefully KC and Tigers games stay same score

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 01:31 PM)
Hopefully KC and Tigers games stay same score

I really do not care about the standings I care more about the team I want to watch being unwatchable for two weeks now.

The 8th run 8th seems to have taken the confidence away from the bullpen and the hitting is now unmasked as being awful.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 25, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)
Why is Danks wearing Quintana's uniform?

Just like the Royals game, he's getting killed on his 2nd best pitch (curve). It's baffling to watch our pitchers all become mental midgets in terms of not getting the 3rd out.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ May 25, 2016 -> 07:37 PM)
I really have no expectations for this team anymore.

All I know is that the Sox won't be in first place for much longer if they can't get their s*** together.

4th place after next weekend if this continues

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 25, 2016 -> 01:47 PM)
Twins went from a 3-0 lead to a 5-3 deficit.

Must be nice to have an offense that can actually score runs on a consistent basis. We are down 2-0 here an it already feels like it is over.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 11:48 AM)
Ha, what an awful three weeks for the Sox

mostly self-inflicted. This just isn't a good team anymore. People can hang on to record all they want but they'll come to realize sooner or later that this team isn't much different from last year unless something changes quickly.

QUOTE (SoCalSox @ May 25, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
mostly self-inflicted. This just isn't a good team anymore. People can hang on to record all they want but they'll come to realize sooner or later that this team isn't much different from last year unless something changes quickly.

Getting to the point where Hahn can't go for it all in trades, as it's looking just as likely they'll be sellers.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ May 25, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)
Must be nice to have an offense that can actually score runs on a consistent basis. We are down 2-0 here an it already feels like it is over.

31 runs in last 11 games and that includes a 7 run performance which in that span was the only time they scored more than 5 runs.

8 other times they scored three runs or less.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2016 -> 01:50 PM)
Getting to the point where Hahn can't go for it all in trades, as it's looking just as likely they'll be sellers.

I think there is zero chance that they sell. With the guys they've acquired, they are in now. They'll try to acquire more and make another run next year. Next year's trade deadline could be the start of a rebuild though.