5/25 GT 1:10p- CLE vs Sox Series Finale- Kluber (4.10) vs Q (1.98)

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 25, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
They're not going to rebuild with Quintana, Sale, Rodon, Eaton, and Abreu locked up for cheap.

It was never a matter of rebuilding ...it was a matter of building and amassing sufficient young talent. All they needed was another offseason or 2. But after a reasonably successful effort in 2013, Williams and Hahn reversed tack and went for the veterans....which is essentially what williams had been doing (and failing at) for years. There is a reason that championship teams are built the way Williams/Hahn want to construct a team.

At this point, I would ride it out, while using Charlotte more to try out a few players.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 25, 2016 -> 02:12 PM)
It was never a matter of rebuilding ...it was a matter of building and amassing sufficient young talent. All they needed was another offseason or 2. But after a reasonably successful effort in 2013, Williams and Hahn reversed tack and went for the veterans....which is essentially what williams had been doing (and failing at) for years.

At this point, I would ride it out, while using Charlotte more to try out a few players.

With a loss today, are they 4-11 since that loss in Texas? They were 23-10 at the time.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 25, 2016 -> 02:10 PM)
Wow Kluber is not even changing things up just pounding the strike zone and getting easy outs.

The late inning smoke and mirror magic is gone and now we are left with a team that struggles to score more then three runs a game and is shut down rather easily.

Yep, that 3-run hump for them is unbelievable.

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 25, 2016 -> 02:13 PM)
Time to end the Jimmy Rollins experiment. This dude is f***ing done. Bring up Anderson.

I don't think that Anderson is ready but I bet we see him for the start of the next home stand.

When you really look at our opponents and most of their ABs and compare that with ours you can just tell who has a better game plan at the plate. Ours has always been horses*** 90% of our games and I am tired of it. Get a whole new group in there already and change up how we go about getting ready to face a pitcher

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 25, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
When you really look at our opponents and most of their ABs and compare that with ours you can just tell who has a better game plan at the plate. Ours has always been horses*** 90% of our games and I am tired of it. Get a whole new group in there already and change up how we go about getting ready to face a pitcher

It has been that way forever with the White Sox and seems to be product of the steroid era that White Sox have not realized is over.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 25, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)
I don't think that Anderson is ready but I bet we see him for the start of the next home stand.

Honestly, even if he's not ready, I dont think he could be any worse and he sure as s*** can be a lot better if he does adjust quickly

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 25, 2016 -> 02:17 PM)

The White Sox are also famous for rushing guys who are not ready and then failing.

Yet they continue to do it.

Saladino can at least field the ball and gives the same offensive output as Rollins.

Really sad.

With men on 1st and 2nd and two outs and the cards mounting a comeback, Wong swing 3-0 and flew out....and then made an error to lead off the next inning.

If Wong was facing the White Sox it would be a two run game tying double.

Edited by Harry Chappas

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 25, 2016 -> 08:26 PM)
With men on 1st and 2nd and two outs and the cards mounting a comeback, Wong swing 3-0 and flew out....and then made an error to lead off the next inning.

If Wong was facing the White Sox it would be a two run game tying double.

Yeah, that was just awful. Babe Diaz was on deck for them also