Can Someone Honestly Tell Me ONE Thing That Ventura Does Well?

SoCalSox

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 28, 2016 -> 12:04 PM)
Hey guys

Maybe check out August 2005 for how bad of a 16 game stretch a World Series winner could have

It's as if some of you have never watched baseball before.

We are not even out of first yet, during a brutal stretch of our schedule.

JFC guys

A brutal stretch of the schedule? Let's not exaggerate now.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 28, 2016 -> 02:04 PM)
Hey guys

Maybe check out August 2005 for how bad of a 16 game stretch a World Series winner could have

It's as if some of you have never watched baseball before.

We are not even out of first yet, during a brutal stretch of our schedule.

JFC guys

So weird that you would post this when we were winning...

surely just a coincidence.

Some tweets by respected baseball writers:

Jonah KeriVerified account ‏@jonahkeri 44m44 minutes ago

Better leave David Robertson in for 9 more hits, just to be sure

Rany Jazayerli ‏@jazayerli 29m29 minutes ago

Special shoutout to Robin Ventura, who among other things deliberately walked the bases loaded, ensuring his pitcher had no margin for error

Joe Sheehan ‏@joe_sheehan 46m46 minutes ago

There's a pretty good "30 For 30" to be done on Robin Ventura's bullpen management the last 18 hours or so.

Getting openly mocked by Royals fans...Rany is a huge one.

THE BIGGEST IRONY IS THAT VENTURA USED THE EXCUSE OF NOT WANTING TO WALK HOSMER FOR JONES TO FACE PEREZ IN A VERY SIMILAR SITUATION LESS THAN 24 HOURS AGO...BECAUSE IT WOULD HAVE PUT TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON THE MUCH MORE EXPERIENCED NATE JONES.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
Some tweets by respected baseball writers:

Jonah KeriVerified account ‏@jonahkeri 44m44 minutes ago

Better leave David Robertson in for 9 more hits, just to be sure

Rany Jazayerli ‏@jazayerli 29m29 minutes ago

Special shoutout to Robin Ventura, who among other things deliberately walked the bases loaded, ensuring his pitcher had no margin for error

Joe Sheehan ‏@joe_sheehan 46m46 minutes ago

There's a pretty good "30 For 30" to be done on Robin Ventura's bullpen management the last 18 hours or so.

If the Red Sox just pulled this comeback off, it would become an instant ESPN CLASSIC program.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 28, 2016 -> 06:09 PM)
Come on. I'm being patient for a 4-13 stretch.

It just feels like the success this team had early was a mirage... I hope you are right Mr. Hibbard.

But I have this dreadful, very realistic feeling that I am right about this team and managers future.

I'd be very greatful to eat crow.

QUOTE (Vance Law @ May 28, 2016 -> 08:54 PM)
Manager doesn't matter. You can get to and maybe win a World Series with Ned Yost or Terry Collins, or Ozzie f***ing Guillen.

It matters, even if some things aren't measurable. Nobody should be defending keeping Ventura. Even if you think manager doesn't matter, it can't be worse giving Renteria the keys the rest of the season and see how things go. It would never be a regretful thing letting Robin go after this road trip.

Manager doesn't matter. You can get to and maybe win a World Series with Ned Yost or Terry Collins, or Ozzie f***ing Guillen.

I'm sorry, but you're flat out wrong. Managers do matter, even if their impact is hard to quantify. And just because some teams can be successful DESPITE their manager, it does not mean the manager isn't costing them games.

Robin is killing us right now and his in-game decision-making is only part of the problem. A good manager knows how to keep his team loose and prevent them from going through extended slumps. Joe Maddon is a great example of that. On the flip side, our entire team has been pressing for weeks and Robin hasn't been able to do anything to stop it. Whether it's a lack of leadership or simply an ineffective form, whatever he is attempting to do to get these guys out of their funk isn't working. And quite frankly, it more than time for a change.

Edited by Chicago White Sox

They're going to need to change managers at some point just to see if the talent they have on the roster can perform at a level capable of competing in 2017...

Otherwise, there's no point in not trading Frazier, Cabrera and Lawrie for whatever they can get.

Does anyone have confidence having watched all this transpire over the last 3 weeks (really started in Baltimore with Albers starting to struggle, and Latos) that Ventura's going to rally this team back from the brink? After the last two weeks of the 2012 season, after the start to the 2015 season and now with this complete collapse?

It's hard to imagine absorbing three completely disheartening losses like this (especially against a crippled Royals team) and do much more than play .500 baseball (at best) the rest of the way.

We're 2 games under .500 now if you take away those games with Minnesota. Otoh, those who watched the first 33 games will tell you we obviously have the ability to be an 86-90 win team.

Edited by caulfield12

I'd say out of the major pro sports... yeah they have the least impact.

But "it doesn't matter".....

I think that's a bit unrealistic.

How did Hawk handle that ninth inning? I had to watch it on TV here cause no mlb.com. I GUARANTEE damn tee you Hawk knows Robin deserves to be fired after all the bizarre things that have happened during his reign. Sure it's not all his fault; when we were 23-10 I thought he would be our manager the next 20 years, but he's a buffoon.

No harm in not being able to manage. Problem is I don't want Buddy Bell and all of you people answer this question ... Do you want Buddy f***ing Bell to be in the dugout next week? If not, then we have to shut up and support Robin. No way Coop or any of the other guys in the dugout will be promoted. It's Bell the rest of the year. Then what if we play .520 ball somehow with him at the helm?? He gets a 3 year f***ing deal.