5/28 Game thread: @Kansas City, 1:15pm, WGN

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:53 PM)
JR has done a nice job of making fans of his two teams hate the organizations

Yup. I'm a fan of both and can't stand either now. It's a shame how loyal he is. Boy were we lucky for 2005.

Jerry Reinsdorf......over the years you have proven time and time again to be a very loyal friend to your former players (on both the NBA and MLB side of things.) As a lifelong Sox fan I have to ask and implore you to (for once) be loyal to your FANS and fire RV posthaste. His constant baffling pitch selection is only outdone by his complete and utter mismanagement of his bullpen time and time again resulting in a embarrassment of national proportions over the last two to three weeks. You say your one World Series victory was sweeter than your 6 NBA championships yet you continue to inflict this scourge know as the Robin Ventura era continue well past the point it should have ended.

Ozzie won you your blessed World Series trophy and yet you still managed to identify when it was time for him to go, so your unwillingness to let RV go is mind-boggling.

Rick Renteria is on your bench waiting his turn to manage this club. I thought he did a pretty good job with the Cubs and would have probably still been there is Maddon didn't suddenly become available so at this point of the season, what do you have to lose by making the switch??? I'll tell you....the only thing you have to lose is what few fans you have left in this town if something isn't done ASAP

QUOTE (juddling @ May 28, 2016 -> 05:15 PM)
Jerry Reinsdorf......over the years you have proven time and time again to be a very loyal friend to your former players (on both the NBA and MLB side of things.) As a lifelong Sox fan I have to ask and implore you to (for once) be loyal to your FANS and fire RV posthaste. His constant baffling pitch selection is only outdone by his complete and utter mismanagement of his bullpen time and time again resulting in a embarrassment of national proportions over the last two to three weeks. You say your one World Series victory was sweeter than your 6 NBA championships yet you continue to inflict this scourge know as the Robin Ventura era continue well past the point it should have ended.

Ozzie won you your blessed World Series trophy and yet you still managed to identify when it was time for him to go, so your unwillingness to let RV go is mind-boggling.

Rick Renteria is on your bench waiting his turn to manage this club. I thought he did a pretty good job with the Cubs and would have probably still been there is Maddon didn't suddenly become available so at this point of the season, what do you have to lose by making the switch??? I'll tell you....the only thing you have to lose is what few fans you have left in this town if something isn't done ASAP

Quality post buy unfortunately Jerry doesn't have time for the common man. Both the Bulls and Sox are floundering organizations. Firing Ventura ain't gonna happen cause that would could lead to a domino effect where other top management is scrutinized for their poor performance. Something is rotten in Denmark and at 35th&Shields.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
I'll be sick yo see them trade for Shields. There's no point now. Just blow it all up and hit the reset button now. Now the stadium will go back to being a ghost town next home stand.

Unless there's a national sado-masochism festival in town...

Royals have done this before, remember Ozzie's first game April 5, 2004. They scored six in the 9th on opening day.

Only Robin and Cooper (Dumb and Dumber) would use five pitchers in one inning, then the next day use the closer in a non save situation.

Mark

Edited by Lip Man 1

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:41 PM)
Royals have done this before, remember Ozzie's first game April 5, 2004. They scored six in the 9th on opening day.

Only Robin and Cooper (Dumb and Dumber) would use five pitchers in one inning, then the next day use the closer in a non save situation.

Mark

Wasn't that Billy Koch's first game after we traded for him?

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 28, 2016 -> 04:56 PM)
Can't believe they let this snowball after the Texas game. This team is full of mental midgets. Starts with Robin.

this. That Ranger game was just the beginning. I thought Ventura had turned the corner...but obviously he's part of the problem. Get his ass the f@#$ outta here!....completely done after this game. Can't believe how pissed off I am over a GD baseball game right now....geezus.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 28, 2016 -> 06:00 PM)
this. That Ranger game was just the beginning. I thought Ventura had turned the corner...but obviously he's part of the problem. Get his ass the f@#$ outta here!....completely done after this game. Can't believe how pissed off I am over a GD baseball game right now....geezus.

It's like a piece of our lives and (as a native Chicagoan) our culture exploding. It's devastating.

Balta's alive!!!

Watched the replay of that last pitch to Eibner. Talk about center-cut. Guess you can't blame Kahnle after he was put in that position in the first place and getting squeezed on the strike zone, your primary thought is not to walk him.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2016 -> 05:10 PM)
Balta's alive!!!

Watched the replay of that last pitch to Eibner. Talk about center-cut. Guess you can't blame Kahnle after he was put in that position in the first place and getting squeezed on the strike zone, your primary thought is not to walk him.

He had to throw a strike. That pitch was 98 on the gun so you really can't fault him for going with a fastball.

This team has turned from 1st place best AL team into watch how many ways we can suck... Oh we get great starting pitching? We don't hit. We get good to great starting pitching, and we scored 5+? Let bull pen blows it. My guess tomorrow bats come out cold and we score 13 over the next 2 weeks.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 28, 2016 -> 09:42 PM)
Do you think a good manager loses games that are blowouts that late in the game? Seriously someone answer me this f***ing question? You absolutely have to fire Robin, you can't let that level of incompetence stand.

He should be fired today. We've lost six series in a row for the first time since 2007. Losing games like this year after year. Bye bye. Why is it so difficult to fire him today? Sadly, Buddy Bell would be called up to be interim and that would SUCK as well.

QUOTE (Green Line @ May 28, 2016 -> 09:43 PM)
I just cant f***ing believe that one effing Rangers game has done this to us. How mentally weak can a team be to let one blown loss destroy an entire season? I laughed at the people who were freaking out after the Texas game and told them to screw off. Looks like they were right!

I've seen it before with the Sox. Can't name examples right now. Too pissed.

QUOTE (almagest @ May 28, 2016 -> 09:46 PM)
Yeah. Probably not the best idea to put Robinson in there, but WTF how can your CLOSER not hold a 6 run lead in 1 inning of work? The bullpen is just horrible right now.

That's what Denny Matthews said. If you can't hold a six run lead with your closer you deserve to lose. BTW I'd have let Robertson go ahead and lose it. No need to bring in a hack like Kahnle. Let Robertson stay in for the entire s***show.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2016 -> 09:48 PM)
Biggest choke job I have ever seen by the Sox

Royals fans who won the World Series are calling me mocking me. I can't pick up the cell phone. One guy texted that walking Dyson was ridiculous. Obviously it was. I wish Kahnle had walked Eibner. Kahnle couldn't even walk guys intentionally he was choking so badly.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ May 28, 2016 -> 09:50 PM)
Watching Ventura manage is like watching the episode of Seinfeld where George is trying to get fired but can't.

True. Absolutely true. GREAT line.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 28, 2016 -> 09:53 PM)
JR has done a nice job of making fans of his two teams hate the organizations

Great post. I hate this team so badly right now. f***ing chokers. Welcome to Chicago, Frazier, Lawrie, Avila. This is what we do.

QUOTE (Deadpool @ May 28, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
It's like a piece of our lives and (as a native Chicagoan) our culture exploding. It's devastating.

To lose a game like that is beyond belief. WIth those no name stiffs the Royals were putting up to the plate. Just fire Robin tonight for god sakes and call up Anderson and play any young guys we have.

This is no playoff team.

My god, our high paid closer choked with a six run lead and one out? Think we're going to beat anybody in games when it matters?? f***ing start the rebuild now. I don't care if we lose every game. Start Saladino every game from now on and bring up Anderson and bring up Davidson. Whoever else!!!! Why the f*** not. Anybody who thinks this team is a contender has an illness. Can Leyland be interim the rest of the year at least? Get rid of Ventura now. The man can't manage a baseball team. Not everybody can. Dump his ass NOW.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 28, 2016 -> 06:49 PM)
Maybe the league needs to investigate the team for gambling. Is it really possible for a team to lose games like this?

On the hit to win the game Abreu did not really try to catch ball.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 28, 2016 -> 05:20 PM)
I've seen it before with the Sox. Can't name examples right now. Too pissed.

1960 vs. Baltimore

1990 vs. Angels

1991 vs. Baltimore (lost something like 16 of 18 immediately afterwards)

2002 vs. Minnesota

That's just off the top of my head.

Mark