Reasonable Waiver Trade Cadidates

username

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 02:20 PM)
They may be able to work out waiver deals for Melky and Robertson.

Shields no chance - he'll sail through and it won't matter.

I have much more confidence in Aranaudo pitching well next year than Shields.

Melky has value though. Barring changes in the CBA, Sox need more value than a comp pick next offseason for Cabrera in a trade. Same deal for Frazier.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 07:46 PM)
Melky has value though. Barring changes in the CBA, Sox need more value than a comp pick next offseason for Cabrera in a trade. Same deal for Frazier.

I just hope they both tear it up and then are moved at the deadline. Same for Abreu. Rip up this entire team. When does the waiver process begin?

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Aug 3, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
I just hope they both tear it up and then are moved at the deadline. Same for Abreu. Rip up this entire team. When does the waiver process begin?

It already started Monday after the trade deadline. Good chance guys have already been placed on it. Not everyone is reported.

Edited by soxfan2014

Just FYI

When a player is on waivers, other teams can submit a claim. If more than one team does, those in the same league as that player's team get first priority, starting with the club with the worst record on the day of the claim. Then, the priority moves to the other league, starting with the worst record. For example, if a National League team puts a player on waivers, the NL team with the worst record gets the first shot at him, and the last-place American League club would be right behind the top NL club.

*IF* Pittsburgh claimed Melky off waivers, what would it take to get McCutcheon, who they may be open to trading given the pretty severe fall off he has had this season? Or maybe that indicates he was on the juice last season? He was a .300 hitter last year and he was just benched for 3 games by Hurdle. They are in need of hitting and Melky, I think, could help them.

If McCutcheon got back to his old form, he'd look great in our outfield.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Aug 4, 2016 -> 10:15 PM)
*IF* Pittsburgh claimed Melky off waivers, what would it take to get McCutcheon, who they may be open to trading given the pretty severe fall off he has had this season? Or maybe that indicates he was on the juice last season? He was a .300 hitter last year and he was just benched for 3 games by Hurdle. They are in need of hitting and Melky, I think, could help them.

They're never ever ever EVER trading Cutch for Melky.

QUOTE (miracleon35th @ Aug 5, 2016 -> 12:15 AM)

McCutch wouldn't pass waivers, and I doubt Melky would.

McCutchen would get claimed by just about, if not every, team in baseball.

Edited by lasttriptotulsa

Cutch has been hurt all year. He's had issues with his knee and the thumb injury has been what has effected him the most this year. Early in the year Dr.s told him that he wouldn't make the injury worse by playing so Cutch--being the player he is, made the call to play through it even if it effected his numbers. He's more than a top player in the league--he's the face of Pittsburgh--much like Sidney Crosby. He's also widely considered by Pittsburghians as Roberto Clemente 2.0. He'll be a Pirate for life in my opinion.

OK, alright already, Cutch won't be traded but some team that needs hitting for the stretch could use Melky. Pittsburgh seems to have a need for a guy like that. Maybe a team like the Dodgers would as well. I thought for sure Melky would be gone before Aug. 1.