Reverse Standings Thread

Bob Sacamano

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 10:55 AM)
Sox are getting the 1st or 2nd pick. Book it.

Yep, seems like picks 1 and 2 are set. The Phillies seem to be insurmountable in their suckitude. Will be interesting to see if Singer is taken #1 if the Sox will take the risk with a HS kid, or take the best available college player to fit better with the "timeline".

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 11:14 AM)
Yep, seems like picks 1 and 2 are set. The Phillies seem to be insurmountable in their suckitude. Will be interesting to see if Singer is taken #1 if the Sox will take the risk with a HS kid, or take the best available college player to fit better with the "timeline".

I very much disagree with this. The Phillies are 2 wins ahead of the White sox right now. The tiniest winning streak pushes them ahead. It's very much up in the air.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)
I very much disagree with this. The Phillies are 2 wins ahead of the White sox right now. The tiniest winning streak pushes them ahead. It's very much up in the air.

After the first game of the doubleheader Monday, both teams will have 40 games left. I'd like to see the Sox within 2 games.

Both teams will play a lot at home the final 40. They're very similar in strength of schedule and terribleness.

They'll both sniff 100 losses, and it could come down to the motivation of the teams they play the final 10 days.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 01:41 PM)

I think he meant we know who will be picking 1 and 2, not necessarily in what order

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 05:14 PM)

Fwiw I don't think KLaw had Singer as one of his possible first picks...same with Kelenic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 18, 2017 -> 10:55 AM)
Sox are getting the 1st or 2nd pick. Book it.

I really hope you're right. But I just don't see this as a lock like many of you do. This team keeps fighting. And they had a few games recently that they should have won but didn't. They're playing way better than you'd expect from a bottom feeder. And now the schedule gets cupcake easy for most of the rest of the way.

QUOTE (Soha @ Aug 20, 2017 -> 06:22 PM)
I really hope you're right. But I just don't see this as a lock like many of you do. This team keeps fighting. And they had a few games recently that they should have won but didn't. They're playing way better than you'd expect from a bottom feeder. And now the schedule gets cupcake easy for most of the rest of the way.

Bro, they're 6-12 this month. They suck. Only thing standing in between them and Turang/Singer are the Phillies.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 20, 2017 -> 06:32 PM)
Draft order with 40 games left for everyone--

1. Phi 45-77

2. Sox 47-74 (game 122 tomorrow)

3. SF 48-74

4. Cin 51-71

5. Oak 53-69

6. Det 53-69

7. SD 54-68

8. NYM 54-68

9. Atl 55-67

10. Pit 58-64

11. Tor 59-63

12. TB 60-62

13. Mia 60-62

14. Bal 60-62

Yeah, you need to update the records. They're all off after the Sox just about.

After watching Sox pitching serve up HR Derby Saturday night, I'm not worried about the Sox winning too many games the rest of the way. Anyone who is unsure should look at the current rotation and bullpen again. Let's not forget the growing pains our young players are going through which sure hasn't been helping the pitching.