Official 2018-19 NFL Thread

Just now, Kyyle23 said:

lmao wut

I think it's a trubisky thing more than a Robinson thing. Robinson doesn't get much separation but he can catch contested balls. Trubisky clearly favors the guys that appear more open (but then don't fight for ball at all if he underthrows)

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I think it's a trubisky thing more than a Robinson thing. Robinson doesn't get much separation but he can catch contested balls. Trubisky clearly favors the guys that appear more open (but then don't fight for ball at all if he underthrows)

I agree,  I just am laughing at this "Yay Kevin White!" sentiment.  Dude caught 2 balls, one on the last play of the game on a hail mary.  Not like he had a breakout game.  Robinson has already made some really great plays this season

6 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I agree,  I just am laughing at this "Yay Kevin White!" sentiment.  Dude caught 2 balls, one on the last play of the game on a hail mary.  Not like he had a breakout game.  Robinson has already made some really great plays this season

Kevin white is basically the "rudy" of the team right now.

3 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I wouldn't say bust, but he is on pace for a whopping 760 yards and 5 TD's. However, he's not getting targeted much so it's not really his fault.

1 catch for 4 yards is pretty poor.

I thought the announcers said that he aggravated his injury and didn't really play the 2nd half?

17 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

I'm apart of a Bears board elsewhere and I asked that since I was at the game and no one seemed to know.

Looks like he played 44 of 60 snaps yesterday, while in previous games it was 50 of 59, 46 of 53, 64 of 69, so he definitely played less than usual.  That had to be why Josh Bellamy was such a part of our lives again.

4 minutes ago, Tony said:

Fixing the pass rush needs to be priority No. 1. 

If they don't get it, they are a mediocre team. When it's working, they are a nightmare matchup for anyone. 

I know Leonard Floyd broke his hand in preseason, but he has been brutal this year. Hasn't sniffed the QB it seems on the pass rush and has not been great in coverage (granted my most recent watching came when he was utterly abused by James White, which many a linebacker has had happen)

1 hour ago, Kyyle23 said:

I didn't say yay Kevin White I said he did do something.  Would be nice if he continued to do something moving forward as it would be another good option.

Maybe bust is a bit much for Robinson as he isn't paid all that much but he has 11 catches in his last 4 games for 141 yards.  

1 hour ago, LittleHurt05 said:

I thought the announcers said that he aggravated his injury and didn't really play the 2nd half?

He came out for the last 3 series. Presume it was due to him reaggravating or just not being effective. I am afraid Bears will have rushed Mack and Robinson and instead of having them miss 1 game, we'll have them ineffective for a game or two and than out for like 3 games.  

14 minutes ago, Tony said:

Fixing the pass rush needs to be priority No. 1. 

If they don't get it, they are a mediocre team. When it's working, they are a nightmare matchup for anyone

They haven't tackled well and have actually looked slow laterally the past few weeks (in the LB corps)...which absolutely shouldn't be the case. Not sure what the deal is but they just look flat. I also think Fangio keeps thinking they'll beat their guys and thus isn't using scheme to an advantage at all. I literally feel like no one has been coaching this d the past few weeks as we presume our talent will carry us and thus we can play pretty "vanilla".  I hope Fangio puts the fut on the gas the rest of the season and starts getting creative scheme wise and that it helps maximize the talent.  

By the way, for all the griping I'm doing, long-term, I continued to get more excited (vs. less) about the franchises future.  It is also fun to know that, talent wise, we belong with the best teams in the NFL. Unfortunately, we still have a long ways to go when it comes to doing the "little" things it takes to win football games and close-out games. I hope that will come over time...but as a good starting point, it is nice to basically be in every game we play (and not by "fluke").  Its been the opposite where "fluke" has cost the Bears 2 games.  

I get wanting to win (I wanted to win too), and I am also tired of moral victories, but it's hard not to note that the bears were in a competitive game against the patriots considering the last few times they played (even considered playoff potential teams) they were blown out by a combined score of 87-30.

I am finely okay trading Jordan Howard. I would have thought the Bears could have better fit him in this offense, but if they were able to get a pick or two and than fill another hole with a good piece that can be around a few years, I would do it. 

Of course my preference would be to figure out how to leverage Jordan Howard. Dude is a beast but he's been completely neutered by scheme / use. Some is on him / some on our coaches, etc.  

3 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Bears should try and get Patrick Peterson from the Cardinals. I think they are pretty close on cap space.

I'm not sure it's possible, but also that will be a tough contract to trade. Compensation may not be what AZ fans hope. It's about $8 mill they'd need to trade back

5 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Bears should try and get Patrick Peterson from the Cardinals. I think they are pretty close on cap space.

I can't imagine the Bears have the draft capital to pull that off...unless they get creative and do some three team swap involving Jordan Howard.  

2 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

lets sweeten the pot by offering Dion Sims.   That should help

Oh man. I remember when the Bears signed him, I was completely perplexed...than we drafted Shaheen with a 2nd round pick and was even more perplexed. Of all of Pace's moves, those two just struck me as extremely odd.  I was somewhere hoping Pace was an evil genius, but that definitely wasn't the case. Maybe Shaheen will prove me wrong but that still looked like an overdraft in my mind. That said, I can see that Shaheen has talent....Simms is just a bum.